Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just a quick question how many of you feed pinkies and such to your lizards what size how often etc I have 3 cwd an a beardie just wondering if anybody feeds either pinkies when they are fully grown?

Cheers callum

Reactions: wirral lizard

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Some people do and may be able to give you advice.

But I've never seen the point of it at all.

·
Registered
14,312 Posts
Generally i will give a breeding female a few pinkies after a clutch of eggs, they are like balls of fat, so are a good boost of weight after a female has lost a lot from egg laying, but i don't bother feeding the males them or females who are aren't breeding, too many pinkies can lead to the lizard getting fatty liver disease, so it is best to do it in moderation.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
my frilled dragon loves them, however he only gets them in moderation, iv had him 5 weeks now and hes about to get only his second one today

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers and thankyou for the advice wasn't going to use them as a staple in the diet just as a once a month treat or every couple of weeks just haD a thought and wanted to no what everyone did

Cheers callum

·
Registered
914 Posts
I wouldn't recommend them as a treat. They aren't really a treat object, and there's absolutely no reason to give them.

Gut load some waxworms instead!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
my frilled doesnt like worms, of any sort.. just looks at me like what the F is that doing infront of me, so pinkies are a great treat for him, loves them!

·
Registered
17,668 Posts
As Nial has pretty much said, think variety and in moderation if you feed them at all, feeding too much of anything excessively is not without concequences.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have in the past as a treat but usually only done it when my female has laid a clutch to get her back up to weight or underweight rescues xx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts