Reptile Forums banner

Places lost snakes have been found.

2K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  Pleco07 
#1 ·
I have just found my Royal Python but unfortunately was too late. I would like to start this thread to help people find their lost snakes before it’s too late. Please can anybody who’s ever lost their snake add where they found it?

I found my snake inside the dishwasher under the pump. I have no idea how he got in their as there is no visible holes. To view where she was, I removed the sides and the base of the dishwasher and she was curled up between the pump and the base plate.

I hope anybody who has lost their snake, find it safe and well

#3 ·
so sorry to hear of your loss. poor snakey. but with a little hindsight most ,if not all,escapes can be prevented by the owner. they are usually due to not concentrating,not shutting doors correctly,putting too small an animal into a viv which can easily be escaped from or something as basic as not having viv locks and children releasing them. i am in no way critising you and i am genuinely sorry to hear of your loss but if my little rant makes just one less snake escape and come to harm its got to be worth it. RIP snakey

#5 ·
i lost my baby crb 3 times and found it in my 9ft bci's viv on every ocasion i also lost 2 corns in november one turned up in my 9ft bos's viv and the other turned up about 2 days ago in my baby boys nappy bag both are fine and healthy

#6 ·
you should dust flour around doorways and edges of rooms to help find them hope this tip helps

#11 ·
Found an adult male royal behind a radiator
Found a corn in the base of my shower
Found another corn by the toilet (the cat came across it and just sat and meowed til I went to see)

#15 ·
I found one on the front drive, 2 in the oven (1 the oven was cold and she was behind the workings, the other was inside the oven on gas mark 6, she was one lucky girl) and one down the plughole of the bathroom sink. Other in drawers or behind vivs.

#23 ·
about 5 years ago i had a young corn that got out from the bottom of a 3 viv stack got into a closed airing cupboard.i found him 2 months later curled up in a subboteo box that was stored there and that was cos i was moving and going through my old stuff.i had looked everywhere for months and thought id lost him.the airing cupboard door was 4 ft off the ground so he was a right hudini

#24 ·
Me personally, I left my royals viv open but he only got as far as the drawer under the bed. Had a few missing scales but he was fine.

My uncles corn escaped and that was found 2 weeks later under a recycling box in the next street.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.