Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Regents Canal...theres a "colony" of rat snakes living there, doing quite well by the sounds of it, never seen them myself, hoping to one day

apparently they are thinking about poisoning them all off :( if they do decide to do that, i may have to go and rescue a few before it starts!!

·
Registered
10,032 Posts
Regents Canal...theres a "colony" of rat snakes living there, doing quite well by the sounds of it, never seen them myself, hoping to one day

apparently they are thinking about poisoning them all off :( if they do decide to do that, i may have to go and rescue a few before it starts!!
I had a pair that were captured there. I doubt somehow they will be poisoned, that said if such a plan is true I'll join you in taking as many as possible. They are aesculapian snakes, no threat at all.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I had a pair that were captured there. I doubt somehow they will be poisoned, that said if such a plan is true I'll join you in taking as many as possible. They are aesculapian snakes, no threat at all.
they are killing off water vole populations, allegedly, and u know how us brits love water voles, esp as they have just about managed to avoid extinction themselves! (even if the snakes arnt eating them at all lol)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts