Reptile Forums banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
This is an amazing build and gorgeous viv! I have just a few questions did you put cardboard on the back before the expanding foam? and why do u say you would silicon the back first if u did it again? I started doing my crestie viv like this, this weekend but iv done the expanding foam straight to the exo terra glass but still wonder why you say the above.I then ran out so need to get some more lol also how many tubes of silicon you needed and if you think dried peat would work instead of eco earth? well done on such a great viv again kayleigh :notworthy:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
This is an amazing build and gorgeous viv! I have just a few questions did you put cardboard on the back before the expanding foam? and why do u say you would silicon the back first if u did it again? I started doing my crestie viv like this, this weekend but iv done the expanding foam straight to the exo terra glass but still wonder why you say the above.I then ran out so need to get some more lol also how many tubes of silicon you needed and if you think dried peat would work instead of eco earth? well done on such a great viv again kayleigh :notworthy:
Hey Kayleigh,

Glad you like it : victory:

No cardboard, I put the expanding foam straight onto the glass, the reason I put silicone onto the glass first now is because of my O.C.D :lol2:

I just don't like the look of the foam through the glass, but if you can live with it, then putting the foam straight onto the glass is fine.

Can't remember how much silicone we used, I would say 3 tubes, you can't put it on too thick, in fact the thicker the better. I've only ever used eco earth, but I see no reason why peat wouldn't work, you could always try it on a bit of foam out side the viv, and see who it goes.

Jay

61 - 62 of 62 Posts