Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well firstly I would lime to thank everyone who has helped answer all my questions from plants to bioactive substrate.
So a big thank you to you all.

Now down to business, I wont put pics of all the expanding foam, silicone and eco earth as by now im sure everyone knows what that looks like:lol2:.

Firstly this is what my exo looked like up until about 30 mins ago

And these are the plants Im going to use in it

There are Ficus, Broms, Polker Dot, Snakeskin,Goosefoot and Calathea.
Tomorrow I will put the pics of the foamed area once its set overnight.: victory:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so this morning when I got up the expanding foam had dried and set, this is what it looked like.

It has 3 planting pockets 1 of which I made from slate (in the pic below) and 1 branch.
Might sound a bit empty but I have loads of cork bark tubes going in and I wanted to keep the foam off them incase I end up redoing the viv at another time.:2thumb:

Next up is the silicone and eco earth and its awful it stinks, is so sticky and messy, BUT its nearly done and will just need some touch ups tomorrow.

Thats it for today, be back tomorrow to finish the silicone and do the substrate with all my woodlice and springtails.: victory:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im gutted my red snakeskin has died before I even got it in:bash:
But I shoul be ready to do the planting tomorrow: victory:

Here's where im at as of this morning

And now

And the silicone is just never ending. White bits of foam are popping up all over the place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.