Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. :2thumb:

My corns viv is looking really bare, and i wanna get some greens in there. But the fake plants at my lps are like £8+ even for the small ones. :(

I'm wondering if there is anything else I could use? Some easy to keep live plants? A substitute for plants? Or something. Anything. :lol2:

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
you could go the desert look at get a load of rocks and wood etc. have a look on here tho you can pick plants up quite cheap if you can get them, they tend to go quick as they are quite expensive in pet shops.

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not allowed to get things offline.... :blush::blush:

haha

im thinking more DIY stuff?

cheers for the replies, though. :no1:

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
not allowed to get things offline.... :blush::blush:

haha

im thinking more DIY stuff?

cheers for the replies, though. :no1:
ahh ok then

have you got any polistyrene? you can get a heat torch on that, make it all different levels, melt it in different areas, then you use some paint on it (make sure its safe for animals) and then you got yourself a nice back ground, you can also do it so he can climb over it, by using expanding foam to attach liuttle polistyrene shelves on it.

then you can go into the garden or forrest and gets some branches, make sure you bleach them, and then put them in the oven for a bit, you can also do this with rocks etc, makes it a bit more interesting for them.

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah wicked. :mf_dribble:

might give the twigs a go. :no1:

and leaves? like oak leaves and things? if i boil them for a few mins, will they be fine?

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
ah wicked. :mf_dribble:

might give the twigs a go. :no1:

and leaves? like oak leaves and things? if i boil them for a few mins, will they be fine?
i wouldnt use leaves, they will be dead if you boil them, and will just smell to be honest. also be careful what wood you use, you got to make sure it is safe for snakes. and i would strip all the bark off it aswell.

lee

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
so which ones arnt safe for corns? :lol2:
im not sure to be honest, best checking on google, it will be safe for all snakes, or not safe for any snakes. its if they give off certain pheramones (or something like that) they can be harmful to snakes, i know pine is a big no no, not sure about oak, dont think you can use maple. i know cooking apple trees are safe lol, we have loads of them in our garden, so i just cut branches off them.

·
Registered
676 Posts
MAKE SURE YOU F10 EVERY THING YOU COLLECT FROM OUT SIDE OR BLEACH WORK ASWELL !! CUZ MY BRO GOT SOME BRANCHES AND IN 2 DAYS HE GOT MITES !!! NOT GOOD

SAM : victory:

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
MAKE SURE YOU F10 EVERY THING YOU COLLECT FROM OUT SIDE OR BLEACH WORK ASWELL !! CUZ MY BRO GOT SOME BRANCHES AND IN 2 DAYS HE GOT MITES !!! NOT GOOD

SAM : victory:
and microwave or oven it aswell, this is the exact reason why! : victory:

p.s you should microwave all new substrate aswell, you would be surprised what lurks in it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts