Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there people i have already posted this under heating & equipment but received no help, i have the arcadia ceramic e27 fixture in the top corner of the viv and bought the arcadia halogen basking spot 75w, iv connected it to a habistat dimming thermometer, i got a few days out of it until i turned it on the next morning to find out it had blown on me. Annoyed to say the least my iguana missed out on his morning heat for 2 days until the new bulb got delivered. I went with the same bulb again only to see the same thing happen with that bulb, just days after using. For me they are costly and dont think they carry any sort of warranty or replacement. Does anyone have any experience with these because i doubt i managed to get 2 bodged bulbs from seperate suppliers. i must state that the bulb is NOT faced directly down but rather at the top corner aimed diagonally maybe 45degrees ( im not good with angle measurements), this is the only reason i could think of them blowing so early but then i thought that halogens could be tilted, does anyone have any knowledge of this, i could sure do with some advice, thanks for your time and i await your replies impatiently.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your reply, i have but received no reply as of yet, have you had any experience with halogens yourself and do you know if you have to have them pointed directly vertical.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I have seen a few people with them pointed at an angle so cant imagine that would be the problem and when I have had them go its usually been I have had them a while or when I had a power cut when it was turned on quickly with my fitting the bulb just blew

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
Did you ever get a reply from John regarding this as my 75w has just blown after less than two weeks as well, only difference is that mine was pointing straight down and it's not on a stat as I need it at upwards of 120f for my uromastyx.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi there, yes he got back to me through the private message system on here, its probably best if you pm arcadiajohn. They do cover bulbs under early failure so long as you have your receipt or proof of purchase. Send them to John along with your address details and replacement should be fine. It could be that the bulb is overheating with it not being connected to a stat, how long is the bulb on for each day. I doubt that is the problem though just speculation. Or it could just be bad handling during shipment if you order them on-line like myself, who knows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.