Reptile Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Thank you to everyone that helped me.

Here he or she is having the home they deserve.

A question: as you can see by the picture the probe for the thermostat is placed at the back near the light. Where should this be placed and above or below the sand?

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
So I ordered the xl drinking dish. However its bigger than I thought it would be. Shall I use it or use the smaller one I have its out one of my trantulas enclosures. Do sand boas like to lay in water or is it just for them to drink out of

Update I added more sand. As you can see the snake can being fully under the sand and he or she is loving the heat bulb.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Now it's about double the thick of the snake, is that ok?

Also, when i put on the heat guard mount, i did measure so i thought it would be even however , like more distance between the left of the bulb to the guard and shorter on the right, is that a problem? The guard is not touching any side of the guard and it is secure.

I will use the smaller water dish.

Thanks Ian.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You need a combi drill to drill some small holes, probably with a 2mm drill bit…
Alternatively use a pen to mark the 4 holes required.
Place a screw on the marker and lightly tap quite a few times with a hammer until the screw has pierced the melamine (coating) then screw the screw in using pressure. Screw all the way in, then unscrew each one.
Repeat this for each markers hole
Then put the light fitting in place over your holes & screw in!
Hope this helps

·
Registered
(Harley / F / Calrolina) (Noodle / F / Anerythristic) (Ruby / F / Hypo Bloodred Het Amel/Anery)
59 Posts
Ah I've missed out on a fair bit today we have workmen on the street and the idiots have cut through the Internet cable so struggled to get on but glad to see you have the vivarium set up and the snake is eating real glad everything worked out for you.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts