Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
brought home a new leo on sat bout lunchtime and he has only eaten bout three wax worms since, he wont eat hoppers and his temps are about 80.He is on kitchen roll at the moment and seems to have a broken tail (been there since we got him).
what should i do, (btw when i say a broken tail, the tip looks dislocated, maybe a viv door?) i really want to see him eat soon can u give me some advice please.
Thanks, Bobby.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
hi, its not that bad if hes eaten only 3 wax worms since saturday to be honest, they often need time to settle b4 they will eat atall.

As for the tail..if its lost the tip and regrown itd often look a bit off, but if its fresh u should prolly check if its causing pain and take it from there.

as for 80 temp..do u have a hot and cool end?

·
Registered
52,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for replying, yup he has a cool end and a hot end. I have a corn so i assumed he needed a gradient, its not really mine its my brothers but i was gettin worried hes showin no intrest in food but he is active and quite aleart but when it comes to food its like he dosent knoww what its for.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
if he isnt hungry he wont eat [generally] and if he is atall unsettled, which is possible itll effect it too.
Assuming your offerin food at night when hes out and about then carry on with that in a day or two and hopefully he will respond.

The leos want it a bit warmer than the corns do, if yourv just got a heat mat then url wana go for 80 cool, 90 warm as opposed to maybe 75-85.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts