Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a baby male veiled cham. approx. 2 1/2 months old. he is in a glass aquarium temporarily until his screen enclosure is built. i have had him for about a week and he is eating great (gut loaded crickets with dusting supplements) and he seemed perfectly healthy until yesterday when i noticed he seems to be wincing rather frequently and moving his eyeball around in the socket and seems to be keeping it closed too often during the day. i cant afford a vet visit but i will do just about anything to keep this guy alive (hes my baby). so, if anyone could be of assistance, it would be greatly appreciated.
thank you,
dave

·
Registered
525 Posts
I dont wana moan but you should have thought about if you could afford a vet visit before u got him really. Im not really sure what you could do but im sure someone will come up with something. Probably a visit to the vets will be neccessary to get the right treatment.

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
AnthonyY said:
True Maxine 1/2 asleep here :lol:
Chams make me laugh when they shed, goes everywhere :lol:
lol yeah when thier shedding round thier eyes and the loose skins twirling around :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys. well i gave him a good spray and it seemed to help, however he still seems to be taking naps during the day... im going to a local breeder for help tomorrow, but it still would help to get any insight you can provide. thanks again :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Like everyone else has said sounds as though he has something in his eye that is irritating him. Does not sound like mites and you would notice mites and it would not just be his eye that is irritating him if that were the case.

Just watch the eye does not close on a full time basis, otherwise a trip to the vets will be required. They may do a payment plan if you can't afford to pay all in one go, worth asking. Not teaching you to suck eggs but make sure any vet you chose is a vet who knows about reptiles, a lot don't!

Good luck with him.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Not gonna bother repeating everything everyones just said but i wouldn't be too concerned, just cautious incase it develops into something much more serious.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey guys thanks a lot for your help here. hes doing quite well. at the advice of an experienced herpetologist, i flushed out his eyes with visine. he is now alert and healthy looking, with his eyes open, and growing extremely fast! thanks again
~dave

·
Registered
343 Posts
Waht you can do is spray her some more with luke warm water. This will keep the eye clean.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts