Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there have finally got my vivarium finished and ready to go, was just wondering if all you good people could look over my setup to make sure I have got everything spot on.
here is a picture of the finished article with fake rock background finally finished although is still bit stinky but have been working on that and should have that problem solved by end of this week (fingers crossed).

I have got a megaray bulb for uv which goes behind the spotlight in the picture but I have not put it in yet.
The spotbulb and ceramic (for night time and emergency) are both on thermostats
Temperatures I am getting on my exo terra digital thermometer are around 102F at the basking spot and on the surface of the rock the highest temp measured using my infared temp gun is 116F ( am not sure if this is too high for the surface rock temperature)
cool end temperature is around 75 under the cave and about 83 on the wood.
the size of the viv is a 4x2x2 and is for a beardie (forgot to put that it in at first lol)

Think thats everything please ask lots of questions and help me to get this right.

cheers!

James :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi there have finally got my vivarium finished and ready to go, was just wondering if all you good people could look over my setup to make sure I have got everything spot on.
here is a picture of the finished article with fake rock background finally finished although is still bit stinky but have been working on that and should have that problem solved by end of this week (fingers crossed).

I have got a megaray bulb for uv which goes behind the spotlight in the picture but I have not put it in yet.
The spotbulb and ceramic (for night time and emergency) are both on thermostats
Temperatures I am getting on my exo terra digital thermometer are around 102F at the basking spot and on the surface of the rock the highest temp measured using my infared temp gun is 116F ( am not sure if this is too high for the surface rock temperature)
cool end temperature is around 75 under the cave and about 83 on the wood.
the size of the viv is a 4x2x2

Think thats everything please ask lots of questions and help me to get this right.

cheers!

James :D
looks good to me :2thumb::2thumb: have u got sand to put in ? whats going in it ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its for a beardie, i forgot to put that, one of the most crucial bits of info. have edited it now though.

cheers

·
Registered
735 Posts
if its for a beardy or rankins then 116 basking spot is fine. As long as your cool side is cool enough its good to have nice hgh basking temps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks good to me :2thumb::2thumb: have u got sand to put in ? whats going in it ?
is going to be a young beardie so not going to go with sand, i think tiles are a good option, should be easier to clean and seem more hygienic to me too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i love your viv. mines crap lol
i would not say yours is crap! it looks good.
was a pain getting my viv to how it is now, i did enjoy some of the process but the sealant smelling has been a real problem for me over the last couple of weeks.
hopefully should have that sorted now and i can get my beardie and move him in as soon as.

cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts