Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, my female passed away after laying her eggs, I think it was impaction due to eating a plastic leaf in her vivarium.
Anyway, I would really really like to keep one of her babies, preferably female, but I would like one that will look like her as an adult
Here is a link to my facebook album of all the babies, 1 - 22.
Can you please look through and let me know if any actually look like mum or will grow up to be simular. There are so many different colours, I don't know what to choose.
Thank you.

Here's mum, before she laid ( fatty ) her name was syrup <3 I noticed the squiggly pattern on her spine, a few have those, and the dark patches on her sides.

link to the album >> you must be logged into facebook to view it

https://www.facebook.com/profile.ph...10153442470326067.1073741825.517871066&type=3

·
Super Moderator
9,600 Posts
I haven't had time to look on Facebook but just wanted to say that she was a very pretty beardie and such a shame you lost her. She has some nice colouring on her back.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Thats a really nice beardie, sorry to hear you lost her.

The back pattern looks a bit like a dunner gene but could be wrong You might struggle to get one that looks exactly like her, your best bet would be if possible to look at photos of her as a baby and compare. With sex of the dragon you would have to keep them until they are of a certain size. It can be difficult to sex youngsters.

I'm not actually on facebook so can't really help with the pictures.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the lovely comments :) yes she was very beautiful. I didn't even choose her. I wanted another female dragon and went to my local pet store, asked for a female and they got her out of a top tank, which I couldn't see into. She was sold to me for a normal price too. Once I got her home I realised how beautiful she was. She always ate very well, never give me trouble, was strong and stocky. Poor girl, ended up eating some plastic leaves in her cage one day, I only realised once she had pooped them out. I thought they were all out of her but it became apparent that after a few weeks she fell unwell. Vets diagnosed something else, and I'm guessing she died from an infection from the leaves, as she was still passing poop. I miss her every day

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats a really nice beardie, sorry to hear you lost her.

The back pattern looks a bit like a dunner gene but could be wrong You might struggle to get one that looks exactly like her, your best bet would be if possible to look at photos of her as a baby and compare. With sex of the dragon you would have to keep them until they are of a certain size. It can be difficult to sex youngsters.

I'm not actually on facebook so can't really help with the pictures.
I have no idea where she came from as I got her from a store.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
The pics you have posted are all too young to really tell, but i dont think you will have any that look like her.

Some have the red colouration and patterns alon the spine and theres a few with really strong examples of it, but you will need to wait a few more weeks/sheds to get a prooer idea.

the ones that have strong red paterns and lighter green sides to the body will likely be the better/more similar to mother. but i think you will have far more green/tan norma colourations in the babies rather than the oranges and yellows of the mother.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts