Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Bearded Dragon has recently passed away at four years of age earlier today, and being i am in the UK and have only just discovered his passing it is currently 2:50am and i have no idea what to do with my babies body, he has been in the same position for hours but now completely unresponsive, his body has turned lighter, his eyes are open and sunken in. I'm still in pieces about it as i know he has been looked after very well for the past four years and he has been himself until recently he had a rapid decline in health where he lost a lot of weight and refused his live food and veggies. I had to physically make him drink water and give him baths he was due to visit the vets on Friday but has sadly passed beforehand. My brother suggested it may have been due to impaction or parasites but he has always had a very clean vivarium. If anybody can suggest what to do with his body as of now since i can't leave him in there then it would be greatly appreciated (We currently do not live in an area that allows me to bury him which is what i would have liked to do). It's very upsetting since we had him from a baby and my little girl grew up with him. I'm deeply hurt by this. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Im sorry for your loss.
4 years is very young its a pity you hadnt been able to get to the vet sooner, i would still think about taking her to see if they can tell you whats happened.

·
Registered
33,151 Posts
Im sorry for your loss.
4 years is very young its a pity you hadnt been able to get to the vet sooner, i would still think about taking her to see if they can tell you whats happened.
Meanwhile, a breakdown of the OP's set up might help us here on the forum with the reasons why it might have happened.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I was avoiding asking that. Just the initial message alone was enough to indicate there was gonna be a lot of issues with the setup and is a case of 1980's husbandry and care.

She seemed so upset about the thing dying i was going to just ignore it rather than cause further upset.

·
Super Moderator
9,577 Posts
So sorry to hear of your loss. If you decide to get another let us know your set up and we will see if we can help if it needs to be updated. Meanwhile the vet will be able to take his body for youas you have nowhere to bury him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts