Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we happened across these two corns a nice lady has bought for xmas for her sons, she thought 1 was a bit thin so she came to us and explained what she was told as care for them.
A stupid little 16 year old lad who didnt have a clue and fed them 1 fuzzy evrey 4 weeks, the snakes are at least 5 year old and extremely thin.
I have care of the snakes just now to try and nurse them back to health and save their life.
Problem is its xmas in a week and she cant afford to buy 2 more so these 'presents' will have to leave us.
I would rather keep them until full health so trying to replace with 2 healthy corns,thats where i need help. I currently have no corns for rehoming so was wondering if any one out there has. Corns, rats or kings.
She can provide a good home as she does have a real love and concern for them, she takes advice on board.
Everybody has got to start somewhere.

The snakes are worse in person, u can see ribs , there in real bad shape, it will take a while to get them 100%

·
Registered
198 Posts
aww, poor snakes!! is hard to see in the pics just how bad it is but judging by the size compared to paper they dont look too good. if i lived closer and had a spare snake i would help, at least the lady had the sense to know they didnt look right even though she probably doesnt know much about them. good on her for bringing them to u to be looked at, i really hope someone can help u

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
What type of corns do you want? age size male female?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gender and type not important, size aint really either but ideally id like to replace them with similar size.
if anyone can help us out you are more than welcome to give these corns a home when recovered
p.s both corns ate 2 medium mice (supplimented with bio-vites and vit D) tonight but what can you do with only a week? its not that they dont want to eat, they just werent fed WTF!!!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Cant you find replacements localy from a shop/breeder and take donations via paypal I would put a few £'s in, season of goodwill and all that :D

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice one maki, i was looking to get them as cheap as possible but if it comes to it il need to buy them from the pet shop as breeders will only usually have hatchlings.
theres a pet shop not far with a couple of adult corns but they are way over priced, how do you put a price on a life though.
was glad to see them both lying in the open with little fat bellies this morning, was a bit worried the smaller one wouldnt have made it through the night as he was verry lethargic. seems to have perked up from the glucose though so fingers crossed.
thanks a lot guys, maki your an absolute saint, you too minxy-mistress thanks for that.
theres hope in this world yet lol

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
uumm just to verify did the lady buy these snakes in this condition or is it from the care she was told to give then,

Just its not been put simply

·
Registered
632 Posts
why do people do this? i hope you've set them on the right path now... but still i'm not sure i'd really want to send more out to them, i'm sure you'l be on hand to help tho! well done you!! :)

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Whats going on then? are you going to get the adults from the shop and how much do you need to raise?

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
gav told me about these two snakes oh btw ross thank u for the irian X hes gorgeous and is very happy in his new home(loves his vines we gave him) i am still tryin to get the kingsnake fae my neighbours(but they want cash) they all for the money no the animal :? i wish i knew some1 with corns cos i beleive with the right info this woman can cope with corns.how are u doing in feeding the skinny corns up??? how often are u feeding them now?? do u think with the right info the woman in question can bring them back to proper health??? or with ur help??? saves gettin two more snakes.and maybe 2 snakes lives????

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Try getting in touch with reptile rescue, they may have some corns to rehome www.reptilerescue.co.uk

He may have some corns - I think his name is Anthony but dont quote me on that

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Try getting in touch with reptile rescue, they may have some corns to rehome www.reptilerescue.co.uk
dude thats my name!!! i have a lot more needing rehomed than this guy but i dont have any corns at the mo, they usually go pretty quick.
i reckon i need to nurse them another 4 weeks at least. they feed ok, im giving the smaller one 2 med and the larger one 2 lge mice with plenty vit suppliments. they both have a pretty bad R.I and iv had to give them a shot of baytril. i cant feed them too much too quick either so its a no win situation!
how much do the twat neighbours of yours want weeminx? if i need to il buy it to save its life. i also need to buy 2 new corns as i dont want to part with these two in such bad condition. glad to hear the wee carpet is doing good, spoke to gav today and am arranging your beardie for tommorow. as you know i dont charge for rehoming ANY reptiles but its nice when people are gratefull and donate their spare equiptment thanks for that by the way its been very usefull, wish every adopter was as generous as you guys.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
:D not a problem at all ross!! cant wait for the beardie ill find out what she wants for the king.all i know is all their snakes now have a wheeze :( we told her to take them all to the vets but shes more concerned bout settin up the viv for the 2 boas.she said shes gonna get a pair of beardies soon. :x :x :x NOT IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT SHE WONT :lol: :lol: anything we have going spare you will get first offer on ok,really hope u find two corns and sounds like your doing a grand job of helping the two sick ones. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
ross if you haven't sorted anything yet let me know. i MIGHT be able to get hold of pair of corns but won't be able to find out till tommorrow. don't want to make promise then not deliver. im on the south coast near brighton where abouts are you.

·
Banned
290 Posts
may be abe to help you.... will give the bloke a ring in the morning

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey guys, just giving them a feed again they have perked up a bit but still really skinny.
i appreciate everyones help guys thanks.
if i have to pay for a couple i will, i just cant let them go just now, she wants them back for saturday!!

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
reptile rescue hull only have one corn in at mo but is only a baby, this is were we got our burm from we drove him up to newcastle to pick them up.

hope u the corns make a speedy recovery!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts