Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering where everyone puts there sensor for there thermostat in there viv,because i was told to put mine in the opposite end of the viv to the bulb its linked up to.and it should be 1 inch off the substrate.is this right because when i go to pet shops i never see ther sensors in the vivs but if i do see them in different pet shops they are placed differant places around the vivs.so i dont understand?where is the correct place to put the sensor if using a bulb on a thermostat to keep the viv heated at the correct temperature?please help me because im getting my new snake friday and i want everything set up perfect so that it doesnt affect the snakes health.

thanks

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
I always put mine at the back wall halfway up. I dont think it matters too much as long as your getting the right temps that you require.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
andyj5447 said:
I always put mine at the back wall halfway up. I dont think it matters too much as long as your getting the right temps that you require.
me too

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Basically, the closer it is to the bulb, the more control you have over the warm end temperature. Whatever, i'd definitely put it somewhere in the warm half of the viv.

Keep it a few inches off the floor as well - if it's on the floor the snake could lay on it, and so shield it from the bulb causing the temp to rise unnecessarily.

The obvious exception would be if you use a stat for a heat mat - then the probe should be directly on the mats surface, or as close as possible - eg. on top of the newspaper if that's the substrate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts