Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(it's all quite a story, but it's all urgent and true, so please bare with me)
Hello,

My name is Andrew Patterson, and those that know me know i live an unusual life.
I live in an appartment here in Utrecht(Holland), and was enjoying my cannonball ride-like life, untill one day, about 1 week ago, my pet, my turtle Sheiki(named after The Iron Sheik) started to get very ill.
I picked him out on a black market reptile stand for my birthday a year ago, and didnt know much about turtles, so i thought nothing of his odd appearance(pear shaped shell, long yellow stripes etc.).
Well, when Sheiki got sick, and i took him to a vet, the doctor iformed me that this was not a regular pet-store turtle, but a Deirochelys reticularia, or Chicken Turtle, wich is very rare in my part of the world, and the only way for him to have a chance of survival, is if he get's back to mexican water and wildlife within the next 4 months.

I immediatly regretted buying him on the black market, cause i guess the little guy's life has eben pretty rough, and so, i set up a way to get my tutrle through customs and into mexico where i can release him, and he can get healthey and...well...free.
Only problem is, being a student,i can only get half the payments done in time, so this is where i ask your help(please keep reading).

I have opened a paypall account under this email Adres( [email protected], i chose paypal so it would be apparent that i'm not screwing you guys.), and ask for a ONE DOLLAR DONATION from anybody that sees themselves fit to help me get Sheiki back into health.
I myself am already way in the red over this, but it's my fault Sheiki is in danger, so it's my price to pay...but i just don't want Sheiki to pay for my ignorance and insufficient funds to do something about it.

anyway...i'm sorry, i trail on, but only because i'm very despearate and i dont know if we're ever gonna make it in time.

Please, give us a shot, and if not, send this to soemone else to see what he/she thinks.

thanks in Advance,

Andrew J. Patterson
Utrecht, Holland

·
Registered
60 Posts
very :? if it was true then the poor turt would die when he let it go free as it has been in captivity for so long! and with proper heat/light etc etc it could live in any country!!! :roll: and never heard of that breed either! Some people must think we are sooooooo stupid!!! :x

·
Banned
3,993 Posts
Hello Andrew
HOw on earth is a hotmail email address at Paypal anthing to do with this request being legit> Anyone can have a paypal account. I have one (you can add dollars if you like) and it was extremely easy to set up. I am sorry about your Deirochelys reticularia, but then again I would be sorry for any turtle you had bought, whether on the black market or not, to keep in an apartment,t with no idea of what it would need. It is a predatory species and will grow far too large for what you can give it in an apartment. If you had done your homework you would know it is illegal to release captive animals into the wild, for contamination reasons and damage to local fauna. Lets hope this has taught you a lesson. Maybe you could get an evening job to pay the bills! Just a suggestion.
Sue

·
Registered
82 Posts
You know all I can say HOW VERY DARE YOU!! :censor:
For starters the fact that this forum is for people that genuinely care about turtles does not mean we're all a load of daft airheads that aren't in a position to competantly use google to look up the breed you refer too...try it and you'll discover you're tall story soon comes up a little short!
Another point... if you lead such a 'cannon ball' of a life why on earth are you taking on the care of a creature that has specific needs and requirements and can't live within the realms of a backpack?
Supporting the trade of wildlife on the blackmarket you only facilitate the further investment of criminal money into such operations which in turn lead to making the fight for survival of the planets wildlife that bit harder. Blackmarket animal trade is a serious animal welfare issue and those with a genuine interest in the lives of animals tend to steer well clear!
I could go on for hours but then why am I wasting my breath. :2wallbang: Go and get a job and do some real good instead of attempting to take advantage of those genuine people who actually give a 'you know' about the state of the world!
OH and have you not seen that episode of the Simpsons where non-native species are realeased into the wild! My life, even bright yellow cartoons have more sense! :shock:

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
AndrewUtrecht,
My name is Andrew Patterson, and those that know me know i live an unusual life.
My name is T.T. and those that know me know I'm a sarcastic barsteward...So please find it in your heart to send me a dollar for this bit of advice...piss off you shitkicker :wink: ...T.T. 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts