Reptile Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 15 week old bearded dragon has been in his new home now since saturday afternoon,

Iv got the temperatures spot on.

1ST Night i got him he had 12 crickets

next morning a further 12

last night i put in another 12 - they was still there this morning and still there now - well i have replaced them with some cooler ones to try make him eat.

Greens and fruit have been offered around the clock

he tends to be hiding in the corner of the viv (cooler end)

any help please...............

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
i seem to be using this alot but have you tried exo terra electrolize? it helps with stress situations in reptiles,hydrates them and it wil increse appetite and activity...i use it on my leo's when they need it...and i will use it when i get my baby beardie.i paid 6.99 for a 3.3fl oz/100ml bottle and it lasts a while ...hope this helps...it might jus be because everything is new and a bit different.are u handling it? if u are leave it for a week dont pick it up this might stress it more.have u noticed if its drinking well,if ur not sure get a surynge and drop water on to its nose....hope this helps

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do u just use the exo terra electrolize as a drops??

I have not noticed him drinking, iv sprayed him and also given him a bath this has not helped

I have picked him up a few times trying to force him under the light to build up an appitite

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
just think all his life hes been with his other hatchlings now hes on his own in new surrondings so hes very stressed you really need to leave him alone for a week or he will go of his food and become week please dont be offended but i did say this would happen in your other thread baby beardies can be very skittish if you leave him untiil saturday to handle you will see an improvement in him : victory:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
if i were u id take all crickets out of there,and leave him for a few days ive had 2 do this with my geckos.then try crix again.
the electrolyze gets put in their water,but all instructions are given on label. from what ive heard basking temp for a baby should be about 110,look at some care sheets to get more info as im not 100% sure. but leave it a week for him/her to settle in....handling might be adding to the stress. def check up on basking temp tho.and get a surynge(spell) and just drop water on to its nose will encourage it to drink and u know then that its getting some kind of fluid

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
he willcome round in his own time you cant force him too it will just add to more stress and its not good for lizards as they can become prone to parasites

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
martin whats the basking temp for a baby beardie...i heard it was 110 but am not 100%sure as i dont keep them myself......YET!!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so am i right in saying

buy and use some exo terra electrolize

dont handle him till saturday

only offer him water and greens veg for day or so

try a syring with water

sorry to continuously post

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
pretty much id leave some greens in just incase it gets hungry there there then,and leave his water in,but also try with surynge jus so you know its taking fluid.and yeah get electrolize.....jus follow the instructions to make sure u give the right ammount

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
the basking temp shouldnt go above 110 and then go down to 95-105 for an adult
you can keep changeing his greens and water every day if you spray him it will help to hydrate him keep offering crickets daily he may not eat in front of you at the moment though
as you are doing everything else right the main thing is to not handle him untill saturday so he can settle properly :D

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
i hope my advice helped abit like i say i dont own a beardie...yet. but i know bits : victory:

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
to be perfectly honest i wouldnt use electrolize just yet, but give him a few more days to settle in, but as said keep the salads coming and just mist him with water, if you syringe make sure you dont give him too much and most of the time this just stresses the shit out of them anyway, give it a couple more days and you should start to see a big improvement either way good luck

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well got some electrolize - and im not saying it works instantly but there has been improvements today - he has ate the crickets -but still not eating the greens

he has been more active today which can only mean good things and he has been to the toilet so to speak ha ha

got some crickets cooling for tonights feast -

will keep you posted

cheers guys

thanks alot

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
hope its ok and starting to feed...i notice improvements in my leos when i have 2 use electrolize

1 - 15 of 15 Posts