Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi iv just noticed my female iguana 2 years old has a broken leg, it is all swollen with fluid and cannot move it from her hip downwards , when i touch it gently she moves her body like its hurting her and her toes on the same leg twitch, she was fine last night, im assuming she has fell and hit her leg on her water box, any help would be appreciated, i am looking for a vet in my area ( blackburn lancs) and also i know this is going to cost me alot but does anyone have any idea on the price? thankyou all.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
No idea mate sorry...

How long is a piece of string?...

All i can say is make sure you get a proper rep vet on it.

Wish you and the iggy a speedy recovery

Reactions: Salazare Slytherin

·
Registered
17,668 Posts
I am really not sure about prices with vets, some prices vary depending, I have known some practices charge a price, that same day, an animal goes in with the exact same problem, comes out with the exact same treatment and the cost has almost doubled in the same practice just being seen by a different vet? it doesn't make sense.

When Mini hurt her leg she went straight off to the vets for an xray, my vet charged me a fiver for that because it was digital or something, but I use another vet (juggle around because prices vary with both) and they will charge £45-£50 for an xray when your trying to find out if they are gravid or not.

Along with the x-ray, she came away with metacam as a pain releif which I think cost around £15, including the consultation of speaking to my vet, that was about another £20, so in total that vet trip cost me about £40, I have herd of other places charging around £70 for exactly the same treatments.

Most I have ever paid at a vets for full testing of everything on an iguana, blood tests, xrays, fecals, etc has been around the £300 mark.

Its varible, I sure do hope your iguana is okay.
Good luck at the vets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts