Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELPPPP!!!!! Just got my bci out for a bit of exercise & one of his eyes is set back!! its like sort of gone deeper into his eye socket??!! REALLY REALLY stressed out now, dont know why this has happened??..PLEASE HELP!!! :eek:mg:

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
I'd want a vet to check it if it was me. I'd also be stressed about it!!!! Sometimes animals loose the usage of their eyes - in horses its called wall-eye or something. Doesn't really look very nice! Did something maybe get in his eye? - Try giving him a bath to wash it slightly. Also see how he react if you try and touch hime there - you'll know if he's in pain if he flinches and I would drop everything and take hime to the vets if he's in pain. Hope this is helpfull! He might also be dehydrated!!

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hes not in pain?? hes just bein his usual self when i got him out?? behaving completely normal

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
I'd want a vet to check it if it was me. I'd also be stressed about it!!!! Sometimes animals loose the usage of their eyes - in horses its called wall-eye or something. Doesn't really look very nice! Did something maybe get in his eye? - Try giving him a bath to wash it slightly. Also see how he react if you try and touch hime there - you'll know if he's in pain if he flinches and I would drop everything and take hime to the vets if he's in pain. Hope this is helpfull! He might also be dehydrated!!

haha! walleyed!! we insult people with that word!! sorry i got to laughing

you walleyed so and so....:rotfl:

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
It's not set that far back and looking at the pics i'd guess it's about right for mites although it's usually both eyes that go.

Do me a favour, pinch his skin and count how long it takes to go back to normal.

When did he shed last?

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
swelling of the ocular ring... could be mites but they be present. might have a infection from rubbing. it's swollen from irritation...what's causing it is another matter.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
He's probably just got some crud in the socket then.
Keep an eye on it over the course of the day. It'll probably go away again.

If however it persists or starts to go cloudy then get him to the vet, he may have scratched it on something which may lead to an infection.

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeh but its sunken in?? will it just pop back out or somethin?? do i not need to wash it or anythin??

1 - 20 of 72 Posts