Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right long story....
Put ad in paper for royal python wanted and had a call from a lady saying would i be interested in rehoming 2 anacondas......
Well i said id have a look and omg they need HELP!
They are between 1-2 years, supposidly sexed pair? Both can be held ive been told but have bitten each time lol
The tank they are in is total discusting :x Its half full with poo, sand, remains etc and other half is water which is green, slimey and very smelly. there is a heat light that doesnt work but thats it!On top of that they are nailed in so i havent a clue how they were fed if they were???
I couldnt take them as they are way out my league but i said id try my hardest to find someone asap. Also the house is manky with 4 poor little dogs who are missing fur, weeping eyes etc all animals need help asap
Please can someone help! they are in Dover Kent please.... ive never seen such a bad setup for these poor snakes :evil:

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
In the interests of the health of the snakes and the dogs, I would personally urge you to call the RSPCA and report these people.

It never fails to amaze me how just anyone is allowed to keep animals :x

I hope something can be done for all of these poor animals ASAP

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are very right in saying that and i have spoke to my husband about it. He said he'll call Monday morning but in the mean time i hope someone will take these 2 poor guys.
The woman is unbelievable though. She has a really dirty house and doesnt seem ashamed atall. She told us all her dogs are rescues shes taken in but she has a spaniel, staffy and 2 saymoyeds. Its the saymoyeds that have the skin problem and spaniel has eyes problem. When i got out of there i had to go to our farm to scrub myself in disenfectant before going home to my zoo!

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
I appreciate that you are looking to rehome these babies, and I agree that sooner is better, so it would be awesome if someone could rehome them, but I'm pretty sure you can call the RSPCA tomorrow. If you check the yellow pages or something, you can get them round as an emergency, which going by what you have said.. this is an emergency.

Another place you could try is on the RSPCA rescue forums. I'm not sure about the rules here for posting links, but I'm sure you can find it on google. There are a fair few people on there that might be able to rescue, even if its just a 'foster' rescue.

Fingers crossed this has a speedy and satisfactory resolution.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ill have a look but it wont be till late afternoon. Im off to France at 7am and not back till evening. But will defo ring them Monday. And she has other pets as well but i didnt get to see them. I was told she had a ferret and birds??? Im not sure but if she has i expect they will be in poor conditions too

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I would but im way too far and moving on Thursday. Cant think of anyone near there.

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Poor animals :( I hope theres someone that can take the snake in quickly it sounds disgusting. Its just bleeding lazyness, its not as though cleaning out a snake is hard work :evil: and those poor dogs if they are rescues it sounds like they have come from one bad home to a even worse one :(

·
Registered
179 Posts
annas

do you know how big these are, i could take them on but not if there too big at the mo as im moving soon so ive got a garage and a bedroom for my lot

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
sorry,but if it was me id be on to the RSPCA.having two anaconda's that bite in a house isn't good.they should be in a zoo or with someone who has ALOT of knowledge of the snake.as for the dog's its probably mainge,if you've seen the 4 dogs and the snake's imagine what you are not seeing.do the animal's a favour and call RSPCA.they should bet there very fast if you tell them the nature of what you have seen.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
stupac said:
sorry,but if it was me id be on to the RSPCA.having two anaconda's that bite in a house isn't good.they should be in a zoo or with someone who has ALOT of knowledge of the snake.as for the dog's its probably mainge,if you've seen the 4 dogs and the snake's imagine what you are not seeing.do the animal's a favour and call RSPCA.they should bet there very fast if you tell them the nature of what you have seen.
Totaly agree is mainge and if there eyes are weaping its bad.It means these dogs eyes lids are turning in and there eye lishes are rubbing against the eye ball,poor things.As for the anaconda's no heat,dirty conditions any thing could happen they need outta there now.
Here is the details you need.Phone now its a 24 hour number.
http://www.rspca.org.uk/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RSPCA/Utility/Contact

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have expereince with big snakes and could help i am in cambs so not to far from kent.Pm me or call on 07961526914.If as i would guess they are WC yellows i have dealt with them before and would have no problem keeping them!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts