Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody on here built a Plywood aquarium???

Im starting now just wondering if anybody on here has tried it???

·
Premium Member
15,373 Posts
I have often thought about making one, they seem pretty simple to do overall....and love the fact that you can tailor one to your desired size, but I have always been too worried about my rubbish DIY skills compramising the overall build and it all ending in disaster! lol.....they look great though IMO!! best of luck and please do a progress thread if you get chance, would be great to see how it turns out from start to finish.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have often thought about making one, they seem pretty simple to do overall....and love the fact that you can tailor one to your desired size, but I have always been too worried about my rubbish DIY skills compramising the overall build and it all ending in disaster! lol.....they look great though IMO!! best of luck and please do a progress thread if you get chance, would be great to see how it turns out from start to finish.
Yeah im worrying if it all goes :censor: up.

it will be in the cellar so could be great. hoping to make two in total. ill start with a smaller one for the turtle. was planning on making a indoor turtle pond but now changed my mind and going down the plywood aquarium route love the idea of getting a side view

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
trying to figure out how thick i need the glass to be.

the glass will be 48 x 24 i was thinking 12mm toughened anyone got any ideas??

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not sure how your planning to incorporate the glass into your set up, but its here for a small drink for you to collect or have collected if you need :2thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts