Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some rare shots of my P. formosa colony - "The Mini Eggs".

These are hard to photograph because even though they hang out together a lot they scatter at the slightest disturbance. I managed to get these pics of three of the five spider group. The other two spiders were tucked away in the hide.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
how big are these.

its nice to see near adults together. i always see people trying but its refreshing to see adults . ive kept a few formosa stunning.

all the best.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Great pic!! I am getting a formosa commune later today :)

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
amazing to see them together great pics, I totally agree with formosa lol they scatter sometimes even when I walk by them lol

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Wicked pics, I had a formosa colony of 5 a while ago but sold them to 'PRS' on here, I reckon they would be about that size now.
-P

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how big are these.

its nice to see near adults together. i always see people trying but its refreshing to see adults . ive kept a few formosa stunning.

all the best.
Thanks!

These are large juvies - about 4 and 1/2 inch leg spans.

I'm expecting the males to reveal themselves in a moult or so (I have no idea what the ratio of male to female is, this lot destroy their moults so who knows). In two minds about whether I will split them up or not once the males mature. I definitely will take the mature males out, whether the females can stay together I guess will depend on how many there are.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wat size is your enclosure there in find it fasinating to see T's together lol : victory:
It's not a large enclosure because I find with pokies a smaller enclosure with lots of food works best as it stops them establishing separate territories. It's a Custom Aquaria 40cm high by 20cm.

·
Registered
661 Posts
That's brilliant to see, great pics mate. Never kept pokies but this makes me reconsider : victory: lovely trio

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great pic!! I am getting a formosa commune later today :)
Thanks - Good luck with your new commune.

amazing to see them together great pics, I totally agree with formosa lol they scatter sometimes even when I walk by them lol
Yeah, they are skittish. Whenever i'm changing the water or doing maintenance I try and shoe them all into the webbed hide area so i know where to watch, thing is they won't stay in there.

Thats awesome, i love seeing them together like that!
Thanks very much!

Wicked pics, I had a formosa colony of 5 a while ago but sold them to 'PRS' on here, I reckon they would be about that size now.
-P
Thanks. I reckon this lot might have to be split up soonish. I don't know how many males are in there but if its three or more I'll probably split this commune. However if i'm amazingly lucky and have a group of females I might be brave and see how it goes (never kept a commune all the way into adulthood, though I do have a P. regalis pair (AF and MM) that live together permanently without any problems so i suspect it can be done.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Wicked pics matey, on my wish list

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's brilliant to see, great pics mate. Never kept pokies but this makes me reconsider : victory: lovely trio
Thanks - the down side to keeping pokies like this is they are very fast, when you open the tank for maintenance and there's five of them shooting off in every direction it can be a little dicey. I always move this tank into the bath tub for maintenance - and they are messy when kept in groups like this so you have to clean them out more often. Catching five is not much fun.

Still is great to see them together, and pokies are very beautiful spiders.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts