Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all

What are the temprements of your Brazillian Rainbow Boas.Poll

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
mine are sweethearts...always been. perfect snakes to me.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all,

You can do anything with my female she is very inquisitive and wants to be involved.

slither61 :snake::snake::snake::snake:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
i have three but one is a little snappy but she is a baby and she will grow out of this

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HI all,

Can a mod please move this to snakes, strong painkillers kicking in brain in neutral.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
usualy they are nice, not many are agressive and if they are its the owners fault (for not handling or wvr) also if they are agressive they are eaisily tamed, rainbow boas are nice and easy snakes, i took a PRB female who hissed, striked, would put her nose on your fingers as they do a rat, but after handling evryday (except for the obv) she is alot calmer, she will hiss when in shed, or if you tough her tail in her hide, but she is just unhappy about you touching her and warning you.
Shes a nice snake now.
So if your thinking about getting a BRB but think it will be nasty, then get a hatchling and handle it. It may bite as its a hatchling but thats hatchlings for you.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Mine is an angel, hes a hatchling and I was warned that he was a bit snappy but he has never even had a hiss at me, hes a babe. I don't even handle him everyday so its clearly just his nature to be a nice snake.

Mr Royal is another matter she can be a real hissy cow! but generally very nice too.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
we have a 2.4 brbs and i would trust them all know at first a couple of them were snappy but this is natutal of most rainbow boa species hope this helps

daniel

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
techniquly mine ain a brb its an erb, however my female is nasty but male is docile hope this helps

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think with most snakes except a select few if they are cb and tamed when young a snake will be fine. Its when people are scared of handling them they know how to get rid of you they strike and you go away in thier mind the easiest way for you to leave them alone is for them to hiss and strike. When i get a new (young) snake eg a carpet python ive just bought i try to handle it once a week i put my gloves on and just handle it as normal it bites me repeatedly at first but as the weeks go by it realises that by bitting me its not going to make me leave him alone so he doesnt bother and becomes tame all snakes strike and hiss through fear not because thay are nasty. Be persistant, it sometimes takes time but taming is easy with confidence hope this helps rick

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi all,

I have done this poll out of pure intrest, and to get as many people to answer it as possible then it will give me a good overview of B R B's.

I have a female you can do anything with her, but normally when you mention B R B's the first thing that in mentioned is they are nasty and snappy.

Thanks for replying to poll.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I was always told that, BRB's are snappy as neonates and I have found nothing to support that with my two. Yes they were nervous and a little defensive, but I think the "snappy" label comes from the fact that when frightened, they have total balls!! They'll square up and a have a go! Whereas a corn is more likely to take flight, a BRB (or indeed any boa/python) seems to defend itself with a warning or a bite. It just about being prepared for that possible response, but mine were both total sweethearts from the offset. But then I love 'em, so heavily biased. :grin1:

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
mine is snappy all the time but he is wild caught.

He was brought into my local reptile shop in one hell of a state. They bloke who owns the reptile shop took him and now I have ended up with him.

Skinny and triangular, retained eye cap (three sheds worth on one eye!)
the list goes on.

Feed him up abit on live, got him on fresh kill and now he is on defrost. Putting the weight back on shedding fine now and he did have a creased eye after the shed came off but thats all sorted.

Just the attitude now he would rather bite you then look at you lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts