Reptile Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RIGHT HE IS 2 AND A HALF STUNNING PLAYFUL AND CUDDLY AND I AM GUTTED TO MAKE THIS DECISION BUT HE MADE IT FOR ME, HE DOES NOT LIKE SMALL CHILDREN HE IS SCARED OF GETTING HURT SO GROWLS, I KNOW ITS ONLY GROWLING BUT THATS ENOUGH IN MY EYES, HE ALSO HAS TO BE FED ALONE AS FOOD AGGRESSIVE TOO OTHER ANIMALS AND SMALL CHILDREN HE ALSO PREFERS FEMALES, I AM TOTALY GUTTED AND HAVE TRIED SO HARD TO KEEP HIM BUT NOW I MUST AS I HAVE A ROTTIE PUP WHO IF PICKS UP THIS BEHAVIOUR WELL YOU KNOW THE STORY I WILL HAVE A DANGEROUS DOG ON MY HANDS, HE NEEDS A HOME WHERE HE WILL GET LOVE PREFERABLY NO CATS AS WILL CHASE HE LOVES SMALL FURRYS LIKE HAMSTERS ETC WILL LICK THEM, AND IS VERY VERY PLAYFUL HE WILL COME WITH HIS CAGE WHICH COST £50 WHICH HE SLEEPS IN HIS FOOD LEADS BED ETC AND THE STUNNING POM HIMSELF WHICH COST £350 AND IM ASKING £250 OR NEAREST AS I CANNOT RISK SOMEONE BUYING HIM JUST AS A POSH CHEAP LAP DOG AS HE NEEDS SOMEONE USED TO THE TEMPERAMENT OF THIS BREED. NO BEFORE ANYONE SAYS REHOME PUP THIS WONT HAPPEN AS HE IS NOT GROWLING AT MY DAUGHTER AND I DONT WANT ANY LECTURES AS I AM REALLY UPSET I HAVE TO REHOME HIM BASICALLY ITS MY KIDS OR MY DOG AND I AM VERY GUTTED AS I LOVE HIM TO BITS SO IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING NASTY TO SAY KEEP IT TO YA SELF PLZ I HAVE ENOUGH ON MY PLATE, THIS DOG NEEDS A GOOD HOME AND LOTS OF PICS AVAILABLE

·
Registered
16,933 Posts
Awww hun im sorry its come to this for you

hope you find him a great home

he may even suit a lil old dear that can pamper him silly

but good luck finding him a home : victory:

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
I am not havign a go in asking this but was he like this before the ortty pup came along? If not, would you not rehome the rottie over him?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no

he has always been a bit funny but i only had 1 so i didnt notice as much but he does seem worse so probably better off an only dog with no cats or very young children
melinda

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Didn't you say previously that you paid £500 for him??
I would love to have him here as he's gorgeous but my other half would never agree to it-he doesn't like small dogs...i hope you find a lovely home for him soon (i'd rather have him than the rotty anyday,lol) ;) Good luck hun.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi

yes he did cost over £500 with all his bits etc and collection but he was well worth it offers welcome only to the right home though plz

·
Registered
16,933 Posts
Ok right i think melinda has had enough grief on the subject of dogs

She has know deep down for a while that things wasnt working with the pom

now just cos its a cute fluffy lil thing dosnt make it compatable with children

I think melinda is doing the right thing as she is putting her family first

if the pom dosnt like children it dosnt like children so the right thing for her to do is rehome

I am dead set against rehoming for the sake of rehoming but when you fear the poor dog may have to be put to sleep cos its bitten a child then what would you do ?

i know i would rehome the dog with someone that has no children and understands the breed

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
i will await the rottie for adoption post next then
totally uncalled for and completly heartless
cant you shes had to make a hard decision
and all you can do is make it feel worse for her.
grow up:whip::bash:

·
Registered
16,933 Posts
melinda if you will let him come free to good home then i will take him in here hun: victory:

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
As I've previously stated this is not a pomeranian dog but if he has kc registration as a pom you could ring the breed rescue as they usually have people waiting for poms.

Personally if you feel he's not safe with children then I'm sorry he should be PTS, there is no home suitable for such an animal purely because folk have children, grandchildren, neices, nephews even in a childless household. If this animal is a risk to any child who comes into contact with him and I'm afraid to say no matter how much you emphasis his issues folk don't believe it when they are small and cute dogs.

I have been involved in Schipperke and general rescue and seen it happen with the resulting animals coming to us to do the deed. So many folk have said things like 'I just thought they were using it as an excuse to sell the dog' or 'we didn't think a small dog could be nasty they're so cute' A small dog can do as much damage if not more in the same amount of time as a large one, they get more frequent bites in to a larger area and tend to take that option sooner to our thoughts purely because we miss their visual signals.

I'm sorry you've had to make this choice and wish you luck.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
here we go

i have had him since he was 8 weeks old he is a pomeranian and he will not be put to sleep as he has not bitten anyone he is just not suited to young children he is small and worries about getting trodden on.
hence why i put a price as if i put free to good home he would be gone already but if someone knows what his behaviour is and is still willing to pay for him then they will give him the time love and security this dog obviously needs, there wouldnt be many people let in this world if everytime we shouted and snarled we got put to sleep i know him and yes i have him in with my children but they know to leave him alone unless he is having a fuss or playing fetch , my 9 and 11 year old help me bath/blow dry /and brush him ,but he is scared of the 2 year old which is why he growls and i think it is kinder to rehome him preferably somewhere with only 1 small dog or an older dog who wont jump all over him
cheers for sticking up for me folks , some people cant help themselves i suppose its not only dogs who are antisocial!

:war:

·
Pets are a luxury!!!
28,359 Posts
I have a Min Poodle that was a rescue about 9 years ago. The previous owners kids threw her and broke her leg ,shut her in the oven and switched it on.She had never been groomed or clipped, been outside ever or been given water to drink(she finished off their tea/coffee cups).We took this girl on and called her Bambi. She is now Epileptic and snaps and has bitten. My kids have grown up with her and know not to touch her. She is so sweet one minute and killer dog the next. We took her on knowing all her problems and she is very happy and well loved(by me and Ste)It has never entered my mind to have her killed, so what Melinda is describing is nothing other than a threat.So maybe in another home Pom would be fine as long as she tells people the truth. I really dont think this dog deserves to die for something that he may do in the future

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.