Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a bit worried my bd hasnt had a poo for about 2 weeks, she stopped eating her veg wasnt basking and spent 90% of her time sleeping,, i moved her furniture round and gave her a bath a week a go and she is basking and back to demanding food and generally being her funny self but still no poo!!!! help

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
how long has she been eating again for?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
over the past week shes been eating as normal live and greens although her live is just marios,mealies and waxys...she wont bother if the food hops away!!
the previous week she ate no greens just the worms everyother day..
the marios and mealies are always headless..
things are now going in as normal but not coming out!!
do you think ive been giving her the worms too much? or not enough ?
she has about 8 marios in one go, mealies about 10 in one go and about 5 waxys a week... she gets either of these everyother day..
thanks..
-lisa

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
too many mealworms and morio can cause impaction much liek eating sand would, as you prolly know they are high in chittin which is what can cause this.
I think you should not feed her anything but greend or fruit for a couple days and also give her abath once a day in warmish water... and hope soemthing comes out ,otherwise you will have to get her checked out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...im now officially worried!! any greens in particular that are good for moving things along? she realy likes waterdress, cauliflower greens and celery leaves.
how often and how many worms should i give her when she has pooped..
she bangs on the front of her viv everyday for the live food, but is too lazy to catch crixs or hoppers...
-lisa..

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
Try dandelion leaves.

As for the worms, I'd always thought that hoppers/locusts/crickets were better for beardies since they're easy to gut load with greens.

It's not a good idea to ENCOURAGE her to be lazy - why not try feeding her a few locusts from tongs and getting her to take 'em that way? If the only livefood available is livefood she has to work for... then she'll work for it as soon as she's hungry enough.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
also.. by slowing the brix down by placing them in the fridge for 10 mins or so they will hop away much slower.

or feeding on the floor of your room where the crickets cant get out of sight so quick is an idea.

or using tongs as already mentioned, hand feeding is cool, you can always place them down after the beardie has clocked them and began to line up for a snatch.

also excersise will help her go to the loo whether she is just not ready to go yet or blocked up.

so a bath, a run around, soem nice wet leafy veg or whatnot and maybe even a light belly massage and she may go to the loo soon, hopefully.

But no mealies until things are normal.

And then..always less often than crickets, less of an issue if she is active, pooping, eating greens, pooping etc.. then a couple days of mainly mealies wont do any harm, but if all is not normal then best to avoid and defo if theres toilet issues.

good luck

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh my good i think she pooped out a boot!!! she had a nice bath yesterday and after 10 mins of basking she started scrabling on the front of the viv like she always does when she about to poo..she did the loudest fart i have ever heard, followed by a hard white lump then the biggest turd shes ever done..!! now she has got rid of that she is back to being her usual self instead of the grumpy cow shes been..
ive never been so pleased to clean up her dump :lol2:
ive decided to let her have the mealies or marios once a week from now on, ive already got some feeding tongs i tried with her for the crixs but i think ive been to soft on her shes not going to starve herself so shes going to have to like it or lump it!!!
many thanks for to all for your advice
-lisa...and a happy neo!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts