Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1 year old Chile Rose - Intsy - is coming up for a shed and is absolutely and completely miserable.

I know its normal for spiders to experience PST (Pre-Shedding Tension) and get a bit slow and fed up before shedding, but of all the spiders I've ever owned or looked after this little Chile seems to get it the worst! First he goes off his food and moves all his substrate into heaps around the tank. Then he goes mad and webs EVERYTHING - The viv is just a white glass cube now. Then he sits and sulks, refusing to move until shed. This whole process usually takes a month - poor little petal.

Does anyone else have spiders that are especially sensitive or act weird around shedding time?

Hannah

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
That sounds just like what my (i think also about a year old) chilli is doin right now. I asked my friend who got me her and he said she is prob due to shed. She aint shed in the 2 months iv had her.

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
That could be a good reason we are both seeing it then, lol.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
cant remember what mine does before she sheds its been nearly 2 years since she last shed!!

but from what i remember they do tend to web every thing shift every thing in the cage around. but mine was eating up untill the last few days before her shed i think...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts