Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm quite new to this and was wondering on where the P.irmina placed on the popularity scale

from 1 to 10

1 being boring and common like the newbie fav the chilean rose
10 being right up there with some of the most wanted like pokies

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I like them. Not seen much of my juvenile specimen since I got is as it has webbed itself up in a cork bark tube and may be in pre moult but my slings are great. I think it has a lot to do with them being black and white though so I'm biased...... 8/10 pending a good performance this season otherwise I'm back to blue and white spiders and digging out the old Everton shirt again :whistling2:

·
Registered
23,517 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
They're a pretty neat species, I like the fact they aren't usually to hard to obtain and that they're also affordable (obviously depends on who your buying off, but I usually see AF's sell for around the 30-35 quid mark)

I've got AF's of all the hobby Psalmo's and would have to say my personal favourite is P.cambridgei ... P.irminia being a very close second.
-P

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
They're a pretty neat species, I like the fact they aren't usually to hard to obtain and that they're also affordable (obviously depends on who your buying off, but I usually see AF's sell for around the 30-35 quid mark)

I've got AF's of all the hobby Psalmo's and would have to say my personal favourite is P.cambridgei ... P.irminia being a very close second.
-P

Yet again im with you on this fella :notworthy: however i'd have to place the irminia over the cambridgei looks wise.....:lol2: I'd give em a clear 10 but sadly thats not a good indication from me cos Id give most species a 10.... if they have 8 legs and pedipalps....

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I'd agree with the general view being a 6. I'm a big fan of psalmos, and love irminia (there are few spiders more beautiful in my mind), but because they're relatively easy to breed and grow quickly they'll never be right up the list for high desire as the price is always low. Some people just love expensive spiders...

I suppose the ease with which you can get hold of them makes them less desirable as if you want one you'll probably already have one...

·
Registered
550 Posts
Just out of imterest, why does it matter? If you want one, get one, if you don't, don't. Other people's point of view shouldn't matter - they might look like they're wearing Nike trainers, but it's not like a pet is a must-have brand. I hope.

Reactions: Mutley.100

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Does a sense of humour bypass require major surgery?
I think it was in reference to the thread's concept, not your joke... Could be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I personally think they are "poor white trash"....

That's because I don't like arboreal tarantulas.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Does a sense of humour bypass require major surgery?
yeah, it really hurt :) I like irminias, and their feet; I just don't see why it matters what other people think of them.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
P.irminia are in my all time top 3 . My fave's always change but the irminia is always there when i get bored of the latest sp. I bought .

It shouldn't matter how many people own a particular species of T or how expensive it is , a great T is a great T . I'd give P.irminia 9.5 , only 9.5 cus you never know what'll be discovered next .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts