Reptile Forums banner
560 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Roseanna 
#1 ·
good evening all lizard owners, I have a worry about my leopard gecko Pixie, she is about 2 and a half years old, and has started losing a lot of weight. she refuses to eat the usual crickets and meal worms. we have tried other food like super worms and locusts but she still hardly eats. she also seems to have layed eggs that have had nothing inside, but has had zero contact with any other lizard. I am now very worried as you can actually start to see her bones. does anybody have any advice please as its difficult to find vets that deal with lizards in our area. stay safe all, hope to chat soon

#3 ·

I'm using a heat mat as the main heating source which is controlled and set to a certain temperature that can't go higher then 37c and can't go lower then 35c. I'm currently looking at buying more enrichment for them but as off right now I am keeping the set up basic so I can keep an eye on them. I was going to transfer her over to eco earth like my other leopard gecko but I'm wanting to find out what is going on with her first as I know changing it too much and too quickly can really affect them. [ I'm sorry im not too sure how to attach photos onto this as Im using my laptop once I figure it out, I have pictures ready to attach]

#5 ·
I'm using a heat mat as the main heating source which is controlled and set to a certain temperature that can't go higher then 37c and can't go lower then 35c. I'm currently looking at buying more enrichment for them but as off right now I am keeping the set up basic so I can keep an eye on them. I was going to transfer her over to eco earth like my other leopard gecko but I'm wanting to find out what is going on with her first as I know changing it too much and too quickly can really affect them. [ I'm sorry im not too sure how to attach photos onto this as Im using my laptop once I figure it out, I have pictures ready to attach]
Your temperatures are WAY too high, that poor gecko needs a cool end of around 20c - 23c (I personally don't let mine drop below 25c) and her hot end needs to be between 30-34c.

We need more information, sounds as though the setup is an issue here.
What are you feeding her and how often? What supplements do you give her (eg calcium powder) and how often? Just because one gecko seems fine in a similar setup does not mean its OK.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I have another leopard gecko and he is about 1 and a half years old and his set up is the exact same as hers and he is perfectly healthy and still has a huge appatite and very active, she is also active but not exploring the tank that much she's just staying on the warm side

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.