Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
I have a lovely tegu - Elvis, who is very poorly. He has been to the vets and had a scan and some bloods taken and the results showed:- an enlarged liver and fluid in the abdomen and the bloods show a chronic infection and inflamtion. He is on antibotics orally, which he started today and and some critical care food twice daily as he doesnt want to eat the moment. I know I have caught it early and my vet says he is in good bodily condition..... do you think he will make it ? Has anyone else had anything similar ?:sick:
Its my first time on a very worried mummy !!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Did the vet say if there was a cause or was it just one of those things? How's he doing? Any progress? Hope he's doing well
Regards jake

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Jake
The vet has said he has a severe infection in his liver probably caused by bacteria in some food. He has been on antiboitics now for 3 weeks and has finally started eating again this week, after 7 or so weeks not eating well. I was losing approx 100g a week in weight, but I think the corner has been turned now. He has more energy and is even moving around his viv now :0) He has to go back to the vet next week again.... thank god he is insured as his bill is already £400 !! : victory:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Let hope hope that now he's eating it's a Sign that he's on the mend. I have a soft spot for Tegu's after seeing the very large one roam around the Nottingham reptile centre!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi thanks
Elvis is back to the vets tomorrow, hopefully he will be discharged now. He is not eating especially well yet but he is at least eating. I will let you know tomorrow what they decide :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.