Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
i would suggest u seek professional help, when popping if done wrong u can damage the sexual organs, so i have read? also u normaly get craped on as well if the snake is young!!! try ur local vet or rep shop and they will probe it 4u. :2thumb:

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
ive seen baby snakes probed in the past, but if the rep shop thinks its 2 small then they will go ahead with the popping them selves. but i wouldnt try it ur self untill u have seen this done by sum1 that knows wot they r doin, many times!! :2thumb:

·
Registered
207 Posts
If its a hognose you really shouldn't need to probe or pop, there is a huge visual difference between the tails of males and females, lengthwise, they're pretty simple to tell apart just by looking.

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If its a hognose you really shouldn't need to probe or pop, there is a huge visual difference between the tails of males and females, lengthwise, they're pretty simple to tell apart just by looking.
Okay - so how do I tell if i just have one snake and nothing to compare it to?

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
If its a hognose you really shouldn't need to probe or pop, there is a guge visual difference between the tails of males and females, lengthwise, they're pretty simple to tell apart just by looking.

i think this was brought up in another thread? not 100% true :whip:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
If there is a huge visual difference i would obviously go for that.

I'd say an 07 is too small to probe. Popping would be the best option but yeah seek help for it because sexual organs can apparently be damaged.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Post a picture of the underside of the vent and tail area......pretty obvious with hoggies.........I find corns rweally hard to tell even with proven female against proven male!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts