Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive watched it done a few times in shops and just watched dvd back up. i firstly sexed my 2 known female royals (who had been probed by a shop) then i sexed my unknown cornsnake baby and hers look exactly the same so im assuming she is female. although while doing it she released white fluid on me and then started to go to the toilet :bash: i did have a quick check of my young male boa but he was getting upset so i decided not to continue. at what age is it safe to pop until? i heard some people say 6 months and some say a year old. what is best? thankyou

·
Registered
35,069 Posts
ive watched it done a few times in shops and just watched dvd back up. i firstly sexed my 2 known female royals (who had been probed by a shop) then i sexed my unknown cornsnake baby and hers look exactly the same so im assuming she is female. although while doing it she released white fluid on me and then started to go to the toilet :bash: i did have a quick check of my young male boa but he was getting upset so i decided not to continue. at what age is it safe to pop until? i heard some people say 6 months and some say a year old. what is best? thankyou
6 months really IMO, it can be done older but the older the greater the risk IMO. Probing is better I think. Its as much knowing what you are looking for as anything else. You don;t need to completely invert the hemipenes to see its a male.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6 months really IMO, it can be done older but the older the greater the risk IMO. Probing is better I think. Its as much knowing what you are looking for as anything else. You don;t need to completely invert the hemipenes to see its a male.
cheers hun,that corn was def a girl unless she was a post op tranny. i need to get a couple of year olds sexed so i will take them to the rep shop for probing : victory:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts