Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are a couple of pics of my 2 indian crested porcupine "charlie and lola", just thourght i would share some pics with everyone......

there house:

Charile (right) and lola (left)

Charlie eating potato:

lola hiding

·
Registered
659 Posts
They're so sweet looking! I love how they look like they're wearing a Hawaiian hula skirt. hehe. They have lovely faces! What are their temperments like? She seems shy, he seems hungry. haha. ^_^

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're so sweet looking! I love how they look like they're wearing a Hawaiian hula skirt. hehe. They have lovely faces! What are their temperments like? She seems shy, he seems hungry. haha. ^_^
yea lola is the shyer one of the two, and charlie is the grumpy one who never wants to go in his house when i need him to.
but he is not aggressive, he just runs everywhere but to the house, which can be a bit scary when he runs behind you with his quills up.

but they generally dont mind us and will happily wonder round when we are doing work to their house.

cheers

chris

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
nice looking porcupines : victory: did they require alot of fencing in e.g. concrete underfloor?
stu

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Gorgeous animals *puts on wish list*:flrt::flrt:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
nice looking porcupines : victory: did they require alot of fencing in e.g. concrete underfloor?
stu
yea we spent a lot of time using heavy duty fencing which we layed flat about 2 ft underground, and we had to use a lot of mesh along the side to stop them gnawing the wooden structure

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
despite all that people say about them, like they can kill a lion ect, which is true. but they really have a lovley temperment, and dont show any aggression, even when im trying to round them up to get them in their house they show no aggression, they just run everywhere but into the house, so can take a while. so unless you do somthing to really :censor: them off lol they show no aggression. and fingers crossed i havent been hurt and dont expect to be

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what would happen if they did quill you? if that is the term for it
it would hurt... alot.

their quills are mainly the thickness of a pen but there are alot bigger ones.
so it would probs not be a good idea for me to take it out, and it may be a trip to the hospital lol

·
Registered
615 Posts
that would be an interesting trip to the A&E, " so sir, can you tell me what happened then please....."

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i think there is no point me worring about it to much as its going to happen one day, it could just be them brushing past me, but either way its going to hurt lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts