Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a fail safe way to tell if my White lip is gravid?

I offered food to the pair of them on sunday and she came nose to nose with the rat then climbed over it. He snatched it off from a distance!

I heard that if she stops feeding she's gravid but not sure how accurate that is. They were last fed in November.

If she took a feed would that guarentee that she's not gravid or is there a chance she might feed and be gravid?

: victory:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? lol

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
8,836 Posts
well

I offered food to the pair of them on sunday and she came nose to nose with the rat then climbed over it. He snatched it off from a distance!

how can he snatch it off her from a distance?

have you seen them lock?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He was in a different viv. In comparison to her not showing interest, he showed more interest by striking from a distance. I was giving a comparison of the two showing different levels. If they both haven't fed since november then I would imagine them to have a similar feeding response. I havent seen them lock as they have had covers over the vivs to stop them being interupted or disturbed and in the times I have checked they have not been locked.
The male is producing healthy sperm as I have had this checked.

·
Registered
8,836 Posts
ah ok

how long do you leave them in together?

it doesnt mean at all that she would def be gravid just because she isnt eating it sometimes is a sign but never definitive

if she is off food it might be just because of the time of year due to wanting to breed

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been leaving them in together for two weeks then separating for two weeks. Also been spraying them down regularly and been changing their light cycle gradually decreased now am well into increased. In fact just about finished with the light change.
Sunday was the first time i've offered a feed too.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
I don't think simply missing a feed is a sign that she is for certain gravid. Good luck if she is though! I would love to have a pop at breeding White lips in the future, if I can find a male black to put to my female :) You might have more response for this question in the snake section, more traffic in there and more folks likely to be able to help out.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol, typical! can i move it or is that a mod job? maybe i'll just start a new one

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haven't done this as i'm very inexperienced and dont wanna do anything wrong. what would an ovulation swell look like?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm gonna start a new thread! :2thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.