Reptile Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i have not been on here for ages now im seriously considering converting my fish tank to a dart frog tank. Now this tank is currently marine its 93gallons
im thinking of getting rid of the lot due to being expensive except the tank and stand lol. i have had it for around 3 years now and also moved house with it.
I want to keep D Azureus but i also heard you cant mix species but others say you can with a large tank whats your thoughts on this the tank measures 5ft long 2ft high 18 inchs wide How many little froggies could i keep in this size tank.
many thanks.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I have a similar sized aquarium (130 Gallon) which I use for my Leucs, http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/amphibians/783750-just-stu.html.
The only problem I can see with a large tank is getting a morph which will get along without fighting.
Azureus could end up doing just that, I say could.
Leucs on the other hand get along well in groups and would be more suited to a tank that size as they would use the whole thing inc climbing the glass etc.
Mixing groups is frowned upon as you would have the problem of creating a habitat to suit the different morphs.
Also there is the question of breeding hybrids which is frowned upon and also you have to be sure that the different morphs will get along without fighting or disturbing each other.
So I would say decide which frog you want, preferably a large one for a large tank.
Then design your tank to suit that frog.
Once you have done that you`ll have hopefully happy frogs wich should give you hours and hours of fun.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts