Reptile Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i havent gotten my gecko's yet nawt until this weekedn ive set up my viv lemme know what you think and post your vivs :)

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
its a very tidy looking viv mate. smart as,
10/10 here.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
how have u attatched the ledges to the back? it looks a little lego mate but i think its smashing.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Your diaolect ish very sean connery. But very nice viv looks like a good scene for a western gun fight.

I will give a 8.6 :wink:

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Pretty viv. Has long as those rocks piled up in the corner etc are all secured down I dont think you will have any problems :D

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Looks good, glad you went with the tile.
how are those platforms fixed? make sure its really strong
Is that a hot rock in the frint right hand corner? if so i'd take it out, heard so many stories about them getting too hot and burning their bellies (most lizrds dont have have receptors in their undersides so they dont realise its too hot and move)
Make sure you get 2 thermometors (1 for each end as you need a hot and cool end) and hygrometor to make sure everything stays ideal. Conditions in the tank will change majorly with the season outside

·
Registered
809 Posts
A bit more effort than most mate I'll give you that. However, it still looks a bit clinical for my own personal taste. Better than the kitchen roll and newspaper brigade though!! :roll: I would personally like it a bit more 'natural' myself, but heh... each to their own. :D

10/10 for effort. 5/10 for effect. (imho)

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
it looks fantastic, however those steps at the back look permanant and every month or so i like to take EVERYTHING out and give it a good scrub n clean.... so on that i only give it 8/10 :twisted:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
stop dissing the heat rock just needs a stat (new ones come with one) they are very natural as thats what a lizard would bask on. heat mats are as bad if not worse without a stat !!!!!!!!!!! :x

·
Registered
801 Posts
Graz that's well good, 9 outta 10!! :2thumb: :no1:

The only thing I would mention is that the steps on the right, keep an eye on your gecks when they first go in and acustom themselves, one of ours is so clumsy, she kept walking off the edge so we had to take their platform out. The other two were fine tho, so its just something worth bearing in mind.

Top tho, cool! 8)

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Can I ask where you got that black plastic tub from? I've been looking for something like that for absolutely ages, even Ebay cant find em, lol

Great looking viv you have there, I like the messy look personally, but good effort, the Leo is going to love it I'm sure :)

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
its just an old tub i found in my cupboard been there for a while i think

1 - 19 of 19 Posts