Reptile Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much money do the postal workers want, again with the strikes, in a recession when other people are having to take paycuts, payfreezes and voluntarily working for nothing for couple weeks/a month. The postal workers though feel they need to strike that they are not getting paid enough. What if every minimum wage earner went on strike as often as the posties do? Wouldn't work and make no difference so what makes them so different to every other profession. Hopefully nobody has sent anyone inverts through the post.

·
Registered
38,318 Posts
How much money do the postal workers want, again with the strikes, in a recession when other people are having to take paycuts, payfreezes and voluntarily working for nothing for couple weeks/a month. The postal workers though feel they need to strike that they are not getting paid enough. What if every minimum wage earner went on strike as often as the posties do? Wouldn't work and make no difference so what makes them so different to every other profession. Hopefully nobody has sent anyone inverts through the post.
Good idea, maybe the minimum age earns should go on strike. :whistling2: But hey, I guess it's easier to strike at the post office then the people earning stupidly big bonuses (still). Kick the working man, but bow down to the earning man?

·
Registered
11,083 Posts
Good idea, maybe the minimum age earns should go on strike. :whistling2: But hey, I guess it's easier to strike at the post office then the people earning stupidly big bonuses (still). Kick the working man, but bow down to the earning man?
Good post. Reverse thinking is the trouble with this country. Instead of empathsising with their fellow workers, so many do the work of employers by fighting their corner for them. You are right, minimum wagers should organise and say we want a bigger slice of the cake. The French don't stand for this sort of crap and haven't since they offed the "Let them eat cake crowd."

·
Banned
23,827 Posts
I am fully behind the postal strike. What ive read about it is disgusting, and once again the fat greedy s**ts at the top are seemingly allowed to get away with it, as, per, usual.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
I'd sack em all & get some poles to do the job for them - they have something called a 'work ethic' rather than being greedy, scrounging thieves (another book token sent to me for my birthday last month went 'missing' & I therefore have strong feelings about this)

·
Banned
23,827 Posts
I'd sack em all & get some poles to do the job for them - they have something called a 'work ethic' rather than being greedy, scrounging thieves (another book token sent to me for my birthday last month went 'missing' & I therefore have strong feelings about this)
Work ethic? You haven't got a clue sat there in your ignorant little world have you? Im damned sure you'd be striking if you worked for them too.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Its annoying because I am waiting for stuff from other countries but I understand why they are doing it... still annoying though

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Work ethic? You haven't got a clue sat there in your ignorant little world have you? Im damned sure you'd be striking if you worked for them too.
I wouldn't be suprised if I was just as well informed as you (if not better). I just happen to see this issue from a different perspective. If they don't like being postmen they can go & do something else otherwise they should shut & get on with their jobs like the rest of us (there is a recession etc)

·
Registered
31,649 Posts
Part of me wants to shout, get the **** back to work you A***wipes as we're having that much stuff lost or damaged by royal mail, but the other part can see the average man wanting a better working life not just the money.

·
Registered
8,495 Posts
Part of me wants to shout, get the **** back to work you A***wipes as we're having that much stuff lost or damaged by royal mail, but the other part can see the average man wanting a better working life not just the money.
I see it 2 ways aswell....

Its not good whats happening to them but on the other hand, they knew what they were signing up for when then got the job... if they dont like it then find another job.

·
Registered
31,649 Posts
I see it 2 ways aswell....

Its not good whats happening to them but on the other hand, they knew what they were signing up for when then got the job... if they dont like it then find another job.
It's not always the case though, when companys start changing working directives and hours which you didn't sign up for.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
It's not always the case though, when companys start changing working directives and hours which you didn't sign up for.

What the Trade Unions fail to point out is that the rise of email etc has dramatically changed the way traditional postal services work. In the last 12 months the Post Offices' business has reduced by a thumping 10%. What are the management meant to do?

Only 25,000 of the 180,000 post office employee's are striking which shows that 155,000 have some sense.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
When they do this it's everyday people that suffer though. Last time, one of my rare Neptunides beetle larva ended up geting eaten because postage was delayed.

·
Registered
11,083 Posts

Exactly ! To prevent strikes all it requires is stop trying to impose wage cuts and for the government instruct the management of Royal Mail to stick to previous agreements with the union about working practises. No one-sided flexibility, no pay cuts, and no sackings.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts