Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thing is, my house power got cut last night (it's very early spring here and at night temperatures drop quite much) as I was sleeping, my incubator (Zoomed ReptiBator) went off with 3 fertile leopard gecko eggs, and I didn't realize until I woke up, 3 fertile eggs dropped from 27° (Celsius) to 21° for who knows how long!

So I started to look at the internet, to see if there was a chance to save them, one was from 26 days ago (second one was infertile), and the two others were from 10 days ago. Incubated at 27°.

The mother (super hypo tangerine carrot tail + father albino tremper giant) it's on her second lay ever, she's quite strong, plump tail, healthy (and young for the Leopard gecko standards), so I still hold the chance that maybe they won't die..? (or being born with defects due to the temperature change).
Pet supply Gas Magenta Snout Cage

So I stumbled upon this form and I hope to hear your opinions on the matter, I used the search and all, but this is a very specific situation so I'm more asking for opinions of other people (or breeders) regarding this situation.

And that's all, I guess.

😥

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They'll honestly probably be fine, eggs are susceptible to temp fluctuations in nature. It may just increase the length of time until hatching
Thanks! ☺ , I hope, they still look good, so... there's hope I guess?
Fingers crossed! 😬

This have been a few crazy days, today I had 3 more eggs, two patternless murphy, and this morning a tremper albino giant that's HUGE !!! 😱
It's all soft yet (almost 20 hours after)! And I can clearly see the red dot in normal light (not even candling). 🕯

So I'll be posting if I get a xenomorph or something. Tomorrow I'll check for another (just in case), I can totally see she's got a second one, but given the size, and that's this female first time, I bet she'll laid the second one in her next clutch. 🥚

1 - 3 of 3 Posts