Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you do in power cuts? (other than panic) does anyone have a back up system?? i was devastated to loose chameleon and tortoise eggs due to a power cut :cry: and my BFD said u can get battery operated generators??? any one got any advice (dangerous times these winter months!!) WHAT DO YOU DO??? :idea:

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
well i have heard about the battery powerd generators and there not mant to be too bad but you can use heat pads for lignin the coat pockets ya know the ones that you break and rub etc to get heat and there pretty warm :D

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds good...i usually take them all to work or have mates round to give them all a nice warm cuddle!! :lol: doesn't always go down well tho!! He He! :p

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
I was talking about this last night with my Dad, hes got a caravan and uses a power pack that runs his fridge/tv/ and kettle for 3 days constantly, so hes going to get me one, it cost about £60.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Ive never had a powercut that has worried me, the power is usually on pretty sharpish afterwards. Mind you Id probably be more bothered if I had eggs cooking!
The snakes themselves can last quite some time without heat before they start having problems. Excess heat is a much bigger killer than cold.
If I had the incubator on though I would probably get a little generator.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where did your dad get his from Mark? i live in an old house now which is cold all the time and our power cuts usually last the whole day!! and in this weather is a nightmare!! i've managed for 5 years but now i'm in my own house i think a generator wud be a gud idea!

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
He got it from his mother-in-law, I'm going to borrow it and plug all my stuff into it to see how long it lasts.Its not actually a generator its a recharchable power pack so you have to be able to charge it from the mains. His in-law works as a car spare delivery driver for the local mechanic garages. I'll put up a post of the results when I've done the test.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts