Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently read about people giving their snakes powerade baths to revitalise, and apparently it does wonders.

Anybody ever used powerade baths with beardies?

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Its for really dehydrated snakes mate. A bit of a last resort over a regular thing.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its for really dehydrated snakes mate. A bit of a last resort over a regular thing.
thats what I thought, but didn't know if you could do the same with other reptiles as think my beard may have bit of dehydration (possibly) seems a little wrinkly down her flanks. Her eyes are bright, and mouth looks moist (when she has it open). Am giving her regular bathing opportunities in warm water and water bowl in viv (which in 18 months never seen her drink from)

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
thats what I thought, but didn't know if you could do the same with other reptiles as think my beard may have bit of dehydration (possibly) seems a little wrinkly down her flanks. Her eyes are bright, and mouth looks moist (when she has it open). Am giving her regular bathing opportunities in warm water and water bowl in viv (which in 18 months never seen her drink from)
Try a shower head attachment and spray the warm water over her head, not much. She probably wont like it much but it might make her drink some...works with mine and read as well that it is fairly common, something to do with simulating rain triggers the idea in their head or something:)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try a shower head attachment and spray the warm water over her head, not much. She probably wont like it much but it might make her drink some...works with mine and read as well that it is fairly common, something to do with simulating rain triggers the idea in their head or something:)
thanks for that will give that a go. Have previously tried spraying with one of those hand held spray bottles but doesn't seem to really do anything.

·
Registered
298 Posts
thanks for that will give that a go. Have previously tried spraying with one of those hand held spray bottles but doesn't seem to really do anything.
I made tha mistake and mine had an ear infection which effected her balance and vet trip so becareful doing this x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.