Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read on here about giving powerade, diluted, to poorly snakes but is there any benefit to giving it to a health snake from time to time? Once every couple of months for example.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've used this a couple of times, but never had to do it twice to the same snake. Ive only ever used the blue one and it gives a snake a blue tinge til it sheds lol.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
I dont see the need to do it to a healthy snake.
Its generally used to re-hydrate a dehydrated snake, I used it last season to get a some males feeding after the breeding season finished.
Worked a treat.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if the snake is healthy I don't see the need.

-why did you double post this?
I didn't think it had posted.

I didn't think there would be any need to give it to a healthy snake but I thought I would ask. Now, I have a female that is about to lay a second clutch in 4 mths and she's gonna be very skinny after. Would it benefit her?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
I didn't think it had posted.

I didn't think there would be any need to give it to a healthy snake but I thought I would ask. Now, I have a female that is about to lay a second clutch in 4 mths and she's gonna be very skinny after. Would it benefit her?
IMO powerade is for us to drink not to bath snakes in.
It actually is a really good treatment for re-hydrating snakes, it also is supposed to be good for to help snakes get feeding again.

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/snakes/484916-off-topic-anyone-no-how.html

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I have used it for a female after she had double clutched and it did indeed seem to perk her up a bit as she was totally exhausted!

I have also used it to soak non feeding hatchlings in when they started to look as if they were really losing condition. I did have some success with some of them starting to feed after this, which may or may not have been a coincidence.

So, I say give it a try, it may help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts