Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well dont come to this part of forum often but I have recently bought practical fish keeping (Issue 5)

I have found it a good read but I was wondering peoples opinions on it?

I know think people think the reptile version is more for begginers do you think the same about the fish one?

With not having any fish myself i am finding it very inreresting and learning a lot about different kinds of fish and the care of them =D

·
Registered
16,195 Posts
they used to do a lot of varied articles, my dad has a lot of past issues and i find them a more interesting read

nowaday they focus on beginners most of the time, not much for the experienced fishkeeper

·
Registered
39,214 Posts
Haven't got it for a couple of years now, dont keep fish at present. But, I liked it a lot when I did get it. Found it quite varied.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm.. so pretty much the same views! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
331 Posts
if you buy six months worth of isues, you see almost the same articles repeated over and over again and they started filling up half the magazine with planted aquarium stuff which is great, but personally I'd like to know a bit more about varieties coming on the market (especially tanganyikan and malawi cichlids), and more about fresh water fish in general rather than the same regurgitated stuff about how to set up a marine aquarium....saying all that though, the websites pretty cool

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.