Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Literally the day after I put my temps back up from brumation for my corn snakes, my female shed.

Is this normal or was this her pre natal shed?

I'm kinda worried that I've missed the chance to put the male in and she has stopped ovulating :bash:

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I know bugger all about breeding them, I'll be honest. But when you say the day after you put temps back up, are you supposed to do it gradually over a week or so or just put back up to high temps in a day?

·
Registered
738 Posts
I never cooled my corns but march is usually when they start getting down to it, even if i have tried to pair them earlier.
The only way to know is to pair them and see. They will or they won't. The female will not let him lock if she's not ready, unless he has a weight advantage and forces the issue.
Female corns are able to have 2 clutches a season, some double clutch naturally. So I doubt that you've missed your chance. If they don't lock then remove the male and just keep trying. Once every third day for an hour until they do the job. Then I pair them once every other day til i have seen 3 decent locks. Some people just leave the male in til the female is visibly gravid, its up to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts