Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to predict the adult size of a burmese from it's current size as a yearling. Obviously I realise it will not be 100% accurate but was curious, my male green is growing slowly as I would expect being a male and is well proportioned sitting at about 3 ft currently, my female albino is now about 4.5 ft and nicely proportioned but growing rapidly over the last couple of months. For the plans I have it doesn't make a difference to me whether she reaches 12 ft or 15ft or 18ft was just wondering if they were any scales or estimation techniques people experienced with large snakes use. Both are currently 10 mths old.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Genetics is meant to play a part so it goes by the parents size but not always the case.

How often and how much there fed will affect how fast they grow also with quality and type of food and whether they get fussy with there food at any point.

When you add it all up surly it must be impossible to tell.

Is it just green or albino green arnt they the same as granite's where if there is multiple genes they often grow slow.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Genetics is meant to play a part so it goes by the parents size but not always the case.

How often and how much there fed will affect how fast they grow also with quality and type of food and whether they get fussy with there food at any point.

When you add it all up surly it must be impossible to tell.

Is it just green or albino green arnt they the same as granite's where if there is multiple genes they often grow slow.
Male is a normal phase green, female is normal albino ( i.e not granite), I know there are a lot of external factors was just curious. Never saw the parents

1 - 3 of 3 Posts