Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to one and all. i need some help my beared dragon is pregnant:2thumb: i can see the eggs in her tummy and she is now digging all over. i want to set up my lay box and just want to know what do i use inside it ie sand,soil. also after she has layed her eggs do i take them staight out? :2thumb: also if she is digging now how long do you think it will be untill she lays her eggs.

·
Super Moderator
9,704 Posts
I tend to use damp sand in the lay box. Once she has laid you can take the eggs out but do not turn them as this can kill the embryos, try to take them out as they have been laid.

It can be difficult to tell when they are ready to lay once they start digging as they can dig for weeks. The best time indicator is when they stop eating as this means they are generally near, roughly a few days off. But they are all different so best just watch her carefully.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tend to use damp sand in the lay box. Once she has laid you can take the eggs out but do not turn them as this can kill the embryos, try to take them out as they have been laid.

It can be difficult to tell when they are ready to lay once they start digging as they can dig for weeks. The best time indicator is when they stop eating as this means they are generally near, roughly a few days off. But they are all different so best just watch her carefully.

·
Registered
644 Posts
hi i use a large cat litter tray half filled with prorep peat and keep it damp also i weigh my females every morning that way u know if she has layed i incubate at 29.8 that will give u male and female babys. once she has layed it is very importent that u try and get her weight bk up as it takes a lot out of her i give mine hoppers and for 3-4 days wax worms as she will start to produce the next clutch as they do not need to mate for the next clutch or 2 she will need a nice bath after laying u will know if she is laying as she will be wiggling her bum lol gd luck and enjoy

Rob:2thumb:

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi i use a large cat litter tray half filled with prorep peat and keep it damp also i weigh my females every morning that way u know if she has layed i incubate at 29.8 that will give u male and female babys. once she has layed it is very importent that u try and get her weight bk up as it takes a lot out of her i give mine hoppers and for 3-4 days wax worms as she will start to produce the next clutch as they do not need to mate for the next clutch or 2 she will need a nice bath after laying u will know if she is laying as she will be wiggling her bum lol gd luck and enjoy

Rob:2thumb:
Thanks for your help.:2thumb:

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts