Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
My female is due to lay any day but i'm worried as she hasn't ate anything for three days now,
Is this normal ?
When she's started scratching to burrow i've put her in a seperate viv with sand but she'll dig for a bit then just walk away without laying, is there away to tell when she's ready ?
Cheers J

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
hi, it is normal for gravid females to go off their food. dont worry she will make up for it when she has laid. have u given a deep enough substrate for her to dig in . the deeper the better. mine was digging for about a week before she laid.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Yeah mine did exactly the same. There appetite usually goes about 2 weeks before they are dude to lay.

What I would reccommend i sthat you give her a bath and make water available at all times. Females drink like fish when there pregnant!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks was getting mega worried,
I'll get more sand tomoz and make it deep,
I swear i worry far too much :S
Cheers guys

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
It might sound daft but the eggs take up so much room that there is little space for a full tummy or for a full digestive system, so they keep it empty to allow room for little eggs, remember their eggs will take up a lot of space, and they carry quite a few, lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wanted say she's laid the egg's this afternoon unfortunatley i wasn't there bbut my dad did the best job he could trying get the egg's into the other viv which i am using as an incubator,
II'll keep ya posted how it goes
cheers J

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Just remember to keep them moist and the viv humid! When they are fresjly laid the absorb water very quickly!

Good luck!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool, will do,
The temp is supposed to be 30 C isn't it ?
Is it ok for it to go up and down a little as the day goes on ?
Cheers J

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Ah can't convert C and f in my head lol...

You need a hot spot of 110f in there and an ambient temp of 82-85f really. The eggs when laid should then be incubated at 82-84f and no higher than 86f at any point or they'll cook!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts