Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always use prekilled rodents for my snakes. I know fresh killed is better but I can't kill a mouse or rat myself then I always buy frozen

Yesterday I heard there's a way to use live prey in a safe way, and when I asked HOW? he answered me : you can hold the mouse (or rat) from the base of the tail, and wait for snake attack !!

honestly I don't agree with him, but I wanna know your opinion

I believe Nobody can do this with a venomous snake like gaboon viper or saw scaled viper (or even non-venomous like retic)

I think this is so risky at all, do you agree with me too?

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i use a little fishing rod & tie the line to the mouses tail ,
when the snake bcomes interested i slowly retreave it like a fishing lure & bango !!!
safe as houses :2thumb:

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I heard with a male rat if u hold it in your teeth by its ******** it paralyses it so is unable to defend itself and cause any damage to the snake. Snake can now strike a live rodent without fear!

·
Registered
17,409 Posts
This has to be a wind up, or the start of another flame thread.....i think the mouse just dances up to the snake in ballet shoes and says "How would you like me??"

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I heard with a male rat if u hold it in your teeth by its ******** it paralyses it so is unable to defend itself and cause any damage to the snake. Snake can now strike a live rodent without fear!
Now that is something that should be enforced with those who promote live feeding without reason

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
I believe Nobody can do this with a venomous snake like gaboon viper or saw scaled viper (or even non-venomous like retic)
if you're holding a mouse out to a retic you're going to find it takes your whole arm off :lol2:

but, i think most people that feed live either do this or slip it in the rub, and make sure the snake takes it before leaving it.
but you'll find that most people will kill it before hand if they can, but some snakes just wont take anything dead

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
I always use prekilled rodents for my snakes. I know fresh killed is better but I can't kill a mouse or rat myself then I always buy frozen

Yesterday I heard there's a way to use live prey in a safe way, and when I asked HOW? he answered me : you can hold the mouse (or rat) from the base of the tail, and wait for snake attack !!

honestly I don't agree with him, but I wanna know your opinion

I think this is so risky at all, do you agree with me too?
thats pure bullshit!! it stressing to the prey item and you could your self get biten and its irresponsible more to the point!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts