Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Iv got an assignment for my Animal Health class at college, and was wondering if you guys could help me out a bit?

I am after some pictures of common infections/diseases that occur in snakes if anybody has any/knows of anywhere I can look to find any. Also things like burns and things from bad husbandry, retained sheds, and maybe if anyone has any pics of bites from live feeding. Im just looking to make a little portfolio type thing for basic health/husbandry problems. It doesnt have to just be snakes either, can be lizards if you have any of those :lol:

Any help on this would be very greatly appreciated :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much, exactly the kind of thing I was after, as gross as that may sound... :? :lol:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. Some of these pics are really sick, just because people cant be bothered to buy a thermostat. But these are exactly the kinds of pics I want to show good and bad husbandry, and how it affects their health.

Thanks again you two :lol:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, I have got some of my own, but if anyone has any pictures of their snakes having a good shed or a good viv setup, that would be appreciated too. I just want to say I am looking for myself too, not just waiting for other people to send me stuff, :lol: :lol: I want to show good husbandry and health too :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol, always the way eh?! Ty for the thought anyway! And the link for the burns :lol:

·
Registered
257 Posts
this ball python had a bad shed and someone heard of a way of removing the eye caps, well it ended up burning the eyes what ever it was, and now he is blind. this is why you should leave retained eye caps alone and let them come off themselves or let them come off in the next shed.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for that Liam, very much appreciated :lol:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ah!Fantastic Maki! Thank you! I always see my snakes shed but I am so fascinated by it every time I forget to go get the camera!

Thank you very much :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts