Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ppl
How r u all, anyway, for christmas i want a royal python, at kings reptiles in camden they have royals for 80-90 pounds, viv 130 including everything else.
What is the cheepest price going as my parents are refusing to give me enough money as at this shop i will be needing 230 pounds but at the moment i can only get hold of 190 so any ideas or cheep royal python breeders in tooting, ealing or central london, thanx in advance.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
can u build your own viv? it would only cost about £40 for everything, buy heating equip from ebay and shop around for everything else. you should be able tofind a royal nearer to £50-£60 if you look around.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
You should definitely be able to find a cheaper royal - mine was £60 two years ago and there seems to be more around now.

To start with (or even for all/most of it life) you could keep it in a Really Useful box heated with heat mats - a box would cost £5-£12.

These are the cheapest stats I know of, apart from maybe s/hand off Ebay:
http://www.camzoo.co.uk/pi456430420.htm?categoryId=12

You can make your own guards from 6mm galvanised mesh from Homebase/B&Q/garden centres, and plant pots make good hides.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I got mine for 70e

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
You can do it cheaper

If you check the classifieds on this and other sites you should get a Royal for £40 to £50.

Really Useful boxes are great and would give you time to get cash for a decent viv.
Dont skimp on a stat though. If you get a pulse or dimmer stat it will transfer easily to any heating system you use on a bigger viv.

Homemade hides are fine , just use your imagination.

Check out Cornish Crispa for stats etc

John

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Ebays got deals on at the mo on flat pack vivs

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
a viv shouldn't cost £130 inc. setup. £90-100 max. you can pick up royal for as little as £40.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
King Of Dreams said:
a viv shouldn't cost £130 inc. setup. £90-100 max. you can pick up royal for as little as £40.
Where should i get a royal from for such little money, it has to be in london west end on south west, thanx

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
are you talking about CB royals for £40-£50, usually they are WC and CF at that price if its from a shop. Usually cheaper from breeders or fairs but £40 from a shop would almost guarantee WC or CF

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
You may get a CB from a private breeder for £40 or so, but a shop would definitely be more. Just had a look at Crystal Palace reptiles and their CB06 royals are 79.95.
Sign up to a few forums and ask around - someone must have one or two left over from breeding projects somewhere near you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts