Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
As above legislation on primate ownership is due to change, also you haven't stated which species, many primates require a DWA license.

The majority of primate keepers aren't vocal about it, it is unlikely you will get much response unfortunately.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Its a life long endeavour, really expensive, and whilst rewarding, is not for everyone!

Can only suggest you do a lot of research before progressing further 🤔

We have two **** sapiens offspring, but I’d be hard pushed to call them pets. 🤫

If anything they probably view me as the curiosity of the house. 🙈

They can make for good companionships, but expect a lot of mess, noise, rising household costs, and unexpected incidents.

You can try to ‘primate proof’ the living quarters, but being such intelligent mammals, they will likely circumvent many of your barriers and protocols 😳🙊

Best of luck, and let us know how you get on.

Andy

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is a hybrid Neoregelia species named 'T** Baby' (a term that was used as a racist slur for some period of history; Toni Morrison wrote a novel of that title in the 1980s, apparently in part as a reappropriation) that gets edited out.

I've not heard the genus name of humans used in a demeaning way for a few decades.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is a hybrid Neoregelia species named 'T** Baby' (a term that was used as a racist slur for some period of history; Toni Morrison wrote a novel of that title in the 1980s, apparently in part as a reappropriation) that gets edited out.

I've not heard the genus name of humans used in a demeaning way for a few decades.
It was used that way aimed at myself and my partner a few months back. Still happens unfortunately :(.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts