Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may know princess pea!...well we got her 2-4 months ago and the previous owner told us she was in perfect condition etc..when she got here she was far from it,she had blister disease,mild burns you could hardly touch her she was that sore...and she had really bad bruising
heres the pics about 2 weeks after we got her

she was a lot worse than that when she arrived but unfortunatly didnt get any pics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
now look at her 2-3 months on...she needed a ot of tlc,bathing,antibiotics and vitamins....but we got there with her....she looks really healthy....cant believe the change in her,we measured her yesterday..and she`s 14ft

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Princess really is stunning! Soooo cute! I used to be quite intimidated by large snakes like the burmese, and never thought i would see them as "cute"!

Well done for nursing her back to health.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Lovely animal. What a turn around, you should be happy with yourself!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys...im so impressed with how quickly she`s healed....when i was bathing the sore areas she was pushing me off and really nudging me,must have been so sore for her..but it needed to be done....she`s the tamest,daftest thing you`ll ever meet....i think what happened with the previous owner is that when they pee...they really pee lol and aswell as the solids theres a lot of liquid...i think she was sat in it for ages...hence the bad state she was in.

we keep her on a 100% wool rug(cost about 40quid lol) but it can be washed and if she pee`s in the night it soaks it up.newspaper wasnt working and was making her go black.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
LOL a news print burm, interesting morph.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Page 3 :no1: Or Nemi of the Metro :no1:

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
great work :)

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
If they call that "perfect condition" what does a snake in "bad condition" look like? Well done for sorting her and a nice furry rug LOL I bet she feels like a Princess in truth now and such a cute face. I'm able to give ya a rep so here goes, you deserve it :no1:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
awww thanks...yeah she is my little princess....she knows it too lol....dont laugh...but she even has a blanket at night and dosnt move from under it till morning! she is actually in a routine wirth it...not easy givinbg a snake that size a hide box....so blanket is next best thing...its only a light blanket,a fleecy one.she loves it lol

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
That's lovely - you put the fleece on top of her? My boa likes to have paper towel on top of her when she sleeps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah...around 11pm she coils up then i put the blanket loosely over her...then in the morning i take it off her....then she wakes up and starts moving around

1 - 20 of 112 Posts